All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Chinese
      #64550 - 04/25/04 08:57 AM
surfergurl

Reged: 04/23/04

I had a good night and morning while on soluble food, and eating solubles before and after anything else.

I usually only eat orange chicken and chow mein.

are these trigger foods??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chinese new
      #64557 - 04/25/04 09:51 AM
tiredofibs

Reged: 10/16/03
Loc: NC

Mmm, sounds tasty. I think Chinese foods are "trigger" foods, but I've been taking solubles too and "trigger" foods haven't bothered me. For an example, I use to get sick from eating KFC Chicken and I took a soluble an hour prior to eating that and nothing happened to me. Whoo hoo!!! Perhaps that will be the case for you too. Did you all ready eat Chinese and did you get sick?

#64565 - 04/25/04 10:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Make sure they're not fried. Go for steamed vegetables, plain white rice (not fried) and meat that's not breaded and deep fried. Try some chicken with the veggies. (Ie Chicken chow mein etc.)

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

i love chinese food. new
      #64571 - 04/25/04 11:00 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i agree with Hansolo. avoid high fat foods (as you always should). don't eat "fried." (bye bye beloved General Tso's, i miss you!) i don't know how chow mein is prepared, so i'm not sure about its IBS safetyness....

most people have a favorite chinese food place, so you're probably familiar with the menu. do you know if they're helpful and will make special changes for you? for example, MSG can be a trigger for many people (even those without IBS), so ask for no MSG. i always go to the same place and have become friendly with the owner. he'll jump through hoops to make me something i can tolerate. i usually stick to things that are pretty simple, like chicken and broccoli with white rice (not fried).

just be careful. the great thing about Asian foods is that most dishes have rice or noodles (or rice noodles!) as the main part of the dish. rice, noodles (and rice noodles) are soluble fiber, so you have a nice foundation there.

i love getting Chinese with a friend or two. we share dishes and that way i can have my chicken and broccoli or a nice shrimp & rice dinner and be safe yet "steal" a few bites of some old favorites from my friends. a few forkfuls of General Tso's or Orange Chicken won't trigger my IBS, so i can get the taste of those foods without paying for it later!

last tip: Chinese food always comes in huge portions. don't eat it all! remember, big meals can trigger IBS!

--------------------

#64603 - 04/25/04 04:21 PM
Daisymc

Reged: 04/10/04
Loc: Alexandria, VA

I can do Chicken w/vegetables. I am still new at this, so what I do first is eat some rice with a little sauce on it before I eat any of the chicken & vegetables. I order a small and this gives me two meals. I do miss my Fried Wontons.

--------------------
Daisy
"Sometimes you are the Windshield, sometimes you are the bug".

#64605 - 04/25/04 04:35 PM
surfergurl

I ate some chicken and chow mein. I can feel myself getting sick. I am however hoping to find something to stop it in its tracks, since I am not sick yet.

Re: Chinese Orange Chicken new
      #64612 - 04/25/04 05:14 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

I'm sorry you got sick but I'm sure it would do me in too if I tried it - way too much fat in it. That used to be one of my absolute favorites!

Maybe someone could come up with an IBS safe version.

Hope you feel better,
Leigh

I did not get sick!!! new
      #64647 - 04/25/04 08:29 PM
surfergurl

I felt like I was going to get sick, so I made some rice and made a "smoothie" out of it. and it cured me before I got sick at all.

then my mother told me that rice paste will stop d immedietly.

I am going to make some just in case.
I did eat some tonight for dinner.

rice paste? new
      #64651 - 04/25/04 08:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

what is rice paste??
I do know that I can eat chinese food, lo mein, general tsos, and many others. They rarely, if ever cause me problems. its strange that I can tolerate chinese food, but not many other foods that seem so ordinary.

--------------------

Re: rice paste? new
      #64657 - 04/25/04 09:47 PM
surfergurl

Rice gruel

could be all the rice you're having with it. -nt- new
      #64689 - 04/26/04 06:00 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

#64703 - 04/26/04 07:22 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

chinese is my favorite food. i went on vacation, and ate it every day hee hee. unfortuantely, when i eat it now-- i get bad attacks afterwards. i will miss eating the fried rice & spring rolls--- oh how i love those! brocoli is a trigger for me. but thanks to everyone who posted what they can eat. i will try to eat the chicken & noodles. good luck & hope things turn out well.

#64721 - 04/26/04 08:10 AM
surfergurl

eat lots of sticky rice with it.

it is morning, and I have had 2 days now not getting sick.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1128 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2283

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review