All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fiber Choice tablets ???
      #64334 - 04/23/04 04:08 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Was wondering if anyone knew if this would be good choice to keep in my purse? I have heard a lot about Equalactin but so far haven't found it. I did see this and thought it might do the same thing.

Here is the info:

4 Grams of Fiber Per Dose
FiberChoice chewable tablets contain four grams of fiber per dose. This is equal to, and clinically proven as effective as, a dose of powdered Metamucil. Each dose of FiberChoice gives you four times the fiber content you get from fiber pills like Citrucel and FiberCon caplets and Metamucil capsules, all of which provide only one gram of fiber per two pills. Best of all, FiberChoice contains Inulin, a natural vegetable fiber that's safe and effective for everyone, including pregnant women and children. It's not necessary to take water with Inulin. Other fiber supplements (pills and powder forms like Metamucil, Citrucel and FiberCon) require water to prevent a gel-like blockage from forming and swelling, potentially causing choking.

FiberChoice tablets are available in regular or sugar-free orange flavor in convenient 10-ct. tubes and 36-ct. or 90-ct. bottles.

What do you all think?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fiber Choice tablets ??? new
      #64360 - 04/23/04 05:16 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Fiber Choice gave me horrible gas---much worse than Metamucil!!! I took a couple of tablets one night before going to a party, and almost fainted when I got there. I had gas trapped so bad in my tummy that I was doubled over in pain.

#64378 - 04/23/04 07:49 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Fiber choice is made with unulin, which is a tough fiber for some people to digest. Personally, I do fine with it, which is amazing because many other types of fiber have bothered me! But I've heard others complain that it makes them gassy. It would certainly be worth trying, though... I like it.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#64447 - 04/24/04 01:26 PM
tiredofibs

Reged: 10/16/03
Loc: NC

I personally dislike those Fiber Choice tabs b/c they didn't work at all for me. Also, I don't think they reacted well with me either, but I haven't taken it in quite some time. It could work. I'd recommend BeneFiber's New Orange flavored tabs that you chew and requires no water too. The BeneFiber powder worked for me, but my routine right now doesn't include that and I'm trying to figure out how to switch to the tabs and continue to be IBS Free.

Take Care ~~ Anna

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 442 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review