All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. new
      #66438 - 04/30/04 02:02 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I was at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, it's the best teaching hospital in the area.....I really think the docs were convinced it's just stress and that it's not life-threatening so I can wait. And yeah, I'm 21, so no Children's hospital for me, though I do work at the Children's hospital in a research lab, and I love working there.

Thank you guys for the support, I'll keep you updated.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Shaking.... new
      #66465 - 04/30/04 03:51 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

i agree with what everyone else has said. i think seeing a neurologist pronto makes sense! they'll be able to find/rule out whether it's neurological and take it from there. and i agree with jen - even if it's benign it bothers you and should get taken seriously.

please let us know how you make out. hang in there and let your docs know we're all behind you in the quest to get answers!!!!!!!!!!

go melitami! go melitami! go melitami! you go girl!!!!!!!!!!

Ana

#66509 - 04/30/04 07:39 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I've never heard of that before...I hope it gets figured out! Do you have anything other than IBS that might be causing this? Well, let us know how it goes!! I'll be praying for ya!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

Re: AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. new
      #66617 - 05/01/04 02:32 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, sweetie, sorry you've got all these new symptoms. it must be pretty scary. I agree with Tara that it sounds like migraine. I know it could be more serious, but odds are most likely that it's the most likely thing! Which is migraine. And migraine's no fun, but it won't kill you. So don't stress too much about more serious things. There's a great site on about.com on migraine if you want to do a little reading before your appt.

Good luck, sweetie, and keep us posted in the meantime.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#66629 - 05/01/04 04:14 PM
Punky

Reged: 02/14/04
Loc: Arizona

Hey, I've come in on this sorta late but I have the same problem you do and it's gotten progressively worse. I shake, especially my hands and it's an everyday thing. I also just get general spasms, especially when I'm laying down and trying to relax. They are violent enough that they wake me up at night. I've also brought it up with my doc but, as often is the case, he ignores me. I feel like a head case sometimes. So have you gotten any help from docs? I'm really curious since we seem to have the same problem...

--------------------
"He has put His angels in charge of you to watch over you where ever you go."

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1030 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review