All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
BEST new substitute for ginger ale... (hopefully!)
      #63178 - 04/20/04 06:54 PM
FennelHead

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: S. California

OK, so i really don't mind giving up soda's like Coke & Pepsi... but I Loooooove ginger ale. LOVE it. My favorite being Reed's Ginger Brew. So i have 2 comments on this:

1. Since Reed's is all natural and whatnot, if I get myself on track, is ONE carbonated drink going to ruin it?

2. Today i found out they make these crystalized ginger bites and they are SOOOOOO good. i've had crystalized ginger before and it's tough and stringy but THIS stuff, this is good. and, so far I haven't had a problem after eating it, but we'll see. (it's just pure baby ginger & cane juice.)

--------------------
julia

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BEST new substitute for ginger ale... (hopefully!) new
      #63186 - 04/20/04 07:10 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I drink a small glass of ginger ale every once in awhile - as long as I'm feeling stable and with/after a safe meal.

I love ginger ale too!

#63204 - 04/20/04 08:49 PM
Megs

Reged: 04/03/04

I ADORE ginger ale! I love it and am willing to take the consequences for drinking it sometimes but cannot stand natural ones. I only drink Canada Dry if i do. I just bought some crystallized ginger from Wholefoods but haven't tried it yet. I guess I'll have to see if it is as good. For awhile I was eating this ginger a friend brought back from Hawaii that had li hing on it but it was way too salty for me, maybe this is a happy medium?

-Megs

#63211 - 04/20/04 10:04 PM
FennelHead

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: S. California

salty?? it shouldn't be salty! hmmmm... well i dont know about the stuff from Whole Foods, my experience with the generic stuff in bulk from HFS's is they use older ginger and it is tough and stringy. but this stuff from Reed's brand is amazingly good! Even my mom liked it, and she usually hates the "weird" food i bring home!

julia (feeling MUCH better today, btw!)

--------------------
julia

#63320 - 04/21/04 07:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ginger ale is my favorite also! When I really just gotta have some I'll buy a big bottle, like a 2 liter of vernors, open it up and leave it out on the counter to go flat. Than put it back in the fridge to get it cold or pour it over ice. If I let it go flat I don't have a problem at all with it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#63583 - 04/21/04 07:14 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I drink reed's once in a while and I've never had a reaction to it - it has actual ginger in it so I figure it helps your digestion while the carbonation just adds a little challenge to your gut. Also I eat tons of dried ginger - I keep it in my desk and I'll eat a few pieces after lunch to keep things digesting. So, at least in my experience you should be fine with both of those things! - Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 746

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review