All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
It's not Celiac Disease
      #63025 - 04/20/04 12:11 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

My biopsy came back neg. for Celiac disease. I know that's a great thing but it does't feel that way b/c then there would have been an answer. I eat very consistently but my IBS is not. Last week good this week bad! It seems that my weeks are the same for a whole week i'll have some type of bathroom schedule and then the next week it's a different one. Anyways...
Ive been reading that some people really benefit from gluten free even if they don't have CD and I was wondering what you guys think? Also, how would I do that I mean would I forget all of Heather's book? For ex. could I have chicken and veg for a meal with out soluble fiber? I'm so used to these rules! I just need to find a way to break this cycle and feel good and IBS stress free (I'm not expecting entirely but just not have it impact me everyday as long as I'm doing the diet etc.). Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It's not Celiac Disease new
      #63097 - 04/20/04 03:47 PM
Gr8ful

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Orange County CA

Rejoice that it isn't Celiac! The gluten free diet is pretty tough to stick to because it is in sooooo many things.

I understand what you mean about being disappointed though. I went through the same thing for a few days after my results were negative. I was hoping so much for a definitive answer that I almost wished it was Celiac.

I wouldn't (and didn't)go ahead with glutten free - I just don't see the point when you don't have that problem. You can try eating more potatoes,rice, and rice pasta if that makes your stomach feel better and just go easy on the wheat products.

Count your blessings,
Leigh

Re: It's not Celiac Disease new
      #63112 - 04/20/04 04:41 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello,
I can totally symptathize with you, I recently found out that my celiac tests were negative and I was disappointed too, I so wanted it to be something "treatable" even if the GF diet is hard.
I have also heard that a lot of people benefit from GF even if they're not celiac, or even just avoiding wheat and not all gluten, so it's something to try. I wouldn't abandon Heather's diet altogether though, because I think it makes a lot of sense. And you can still easily have a soluble fiber base with each meal, just have potatoes or rice or something like that instead of bread.
Good luck!
Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 848 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 451

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review