All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Burning Volcano in My stomach!!!!
      #6289 - 04/16/03 05:39 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Okay everyone. My mom made steak in gravy for dinner.Luckily, i only got away with only eating 2 pieces(hopefully not enough to cause an attack)
Anyway, about 2 hrs later I got Agonizing, painful heartburn. Well acually, its not really heartburn because it doesnt go up to my chest, instead theres just a really bad burning sensation in my stomach. Its so painful and makes me nauseated too.I took 2 tums, but it didnt help:( I then went to my mom and she said it was the gravy that caused my indigestion.
I have had a upper endoscopy done, and was properly diagnosed with Acid Reflux Disease and was given Prevacid. I'm supposed to take 2 giant prevacid pills a day but they upset my stomach(gives me d) and i notice that taking one prevacid is pretty safe. Should I switch to 2 a day to help the acid reflux?
Does anyone know of anything at all that can help subside this burn? It feels like a volcano is abrupting in my stomach and man does it suck
If anyone can give me any suggestions at all, Id be eternaly grateful!
Thanks! PS(Kaboom! I think my volcano just went on overdrive!)

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Burning Volcano in My stomach!!!! new
      #6292 - 04/16/03 06:18 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I know on the rare (thankfully!) occasion I do get heartburn, I like to take pepto. It works pretty good for me. Do you have that? Can you take that with your other meds you're on?

Hopefully since your mom is the one who said it was the gravy, maybe she won't make you eat it again.

Does your acid reflux go away typically with just 1 prevacid? I'm not a doc, but I would think that if you're doing good with 1, why push more meds than necessary? You were under a not-everyday-attack of mean gravy! Maybe that's why you reacted so badly on just 1. Either way, I would check with your doc/pharmacy if you're not sure.

I hope you're feeling better soon!

PS: Try not to lie down...I think that makes it worse.

Re: Burning Volcano in My stomach!!!! new
      #6315 - 04/17/03 05:14 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

Wow! You sound like you're feeling so miserable. I hope you feel better soon. I've also had great luck with Pepcid. Take it right away after the meal or 30 minutes before you eat a meal that may cause heartburn. Is steak a trigger for you? It's a huge trigger for me! Redmeat is a guaranteed stomach ache no matter if I eat it with fiber or not! Does your mom know about your IBS and the triggers that you should avoid? Could you talk to her about what you can and can not tolerate? If not, perhaps when she's making trigger meals you could cook something else for yourself? Just trying to throw out some ideas. Good luck with everything and I hope you feel better soon.

I totally understand... new
      #6354 - 04/17/03 03:34 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

I have had this reflux/burning/feels like a lump in my throat thing going on since Tuesday. I'm taking Ranitidine twice a day and I think its starting to go away, but I have only been taking it since Tuesday. I had some left over from when I had indigestion/heartburn last time. I have appt. with my doctor on monday for the 'woman exam' and I called her today to talk with her nurse and her nurse told me to keep taking the ranitidine and she said on Monday we can see if they need to put me on something stronger so I'm hoping this weekend, this will go away.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7454 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3394

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review