Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flavored Oatmeals?
      #62451 - 04/19/04 07:26 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Hi everyone,

I am a new user and have been on the IBS diet for about two weeks now. It has been working wonders for me, until yesterday when I was sick most of the day, off and on. (I am a D) I'm not sure what set it off- maybe someone can help? Friday night I had two Jack Daniels Country cocktails, and started to feel a little funny in the tummy by bedtime. I felt a little funny when I woke up Saturday, and ate a bowl of Apple Crisp Quaker oatmeal. Then.... Aaargh! Sick the whole day.
Was this due to the JD and unrelated to the oatmeal? Alcohol doesn't usually bother me that bad, but I was trying the JD for the first time. Or do flavored oatmeals have too much junk in them, and that contributed?

If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful!
-Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flavored Oatmeals? new
      #62454 - 04/19/04 07:31 AM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi! I am new to this too, however, I have read a lot about how horrible any kind of alcohol is on your body! But I have also read on here that the flavored oatmeals are bad too. I know you can flavor the oatmeal yourself so you know what goes into it, but the instant stuff is not good. So...I am guessing it may have been a combination of the two things. Maybe the alcohol was upsetting your stomach and the oatmeal totally threw it all off?! Hopefully one of the "pros" here will help you more...but these are my thoughts. Hope you feel better!

Amanda

#62457 - 04/19/04 07:32 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Check the ingredients list on the oatmeal. And what did you have WITH the JD - you said it was a cocktail?

#62464 - 04/19/04 07:38 AM
Sheri01

Thanks Amanda!

I didn't know about the oatmeal, I tried looking it up on here but didn't find anything. I was wary of the oatmeal when I ws at the store, but it had similiar ingredients to the Crispums that user JenX mentioned she eats, so I thought they were okay . Maybe she has an idea?

Thanks Again!
Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

#62466 - 04/19/04 07:40 AM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi! Maybe I am not thinking of the same stuff?? Is it the instant apple-cinnamon oatmeal? Anyway...I know you can list the ingredients here and someone will tell you if it is safe or not! You might give that a try!

Amanda

#62475 - 04/19/04 07:49 AM
Sheri01

I'd have to get the ingredients later... not with me now!

I'll get back to yas tomorrow

-Sheri

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 549

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review