All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Legs fall asleep??
      #61936 - 04/16/04 01:47 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

This is kind of a weird one but...

Recently (not longer than within the last year) my legs fall asleep if I spend too long on the toilet, to the point where I have to hold on to the stall door at work when I stand up to keep myself from falling down. Does anybody else get this problem? And why is this only a recent thing for me? (It isn't new for me to spend too long on the toilet.) The only theory I have is that maybe the toilets in my new office are at a different height than the toilets in my old office -- but this happens at home sometimes, too.

Anybody else have this??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Legs fall asleep?? new
      #61939 - 04/16/04 01:53 PM
crc

Reged: 03/01/04
Loc: Maine

Yep, I get that one too. Annoying, seeing as you have to be on there, it could at least be comfortable??? Is that too much to ask? Maybe IBSers could invent a new nonlegfallingasleep toilet.

Cindy

Office toilets new
      #61943 - 04/16/04 02:07 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

The wrong height can make it a much more uncomfortable situation that it has to be. Love my home soft seat, right height & right temperature in there. I have a stack of folded towels on the tank & I can take one down, bend over and hug it while cramping and lay a magazine or book on my lap to read in between attacks. But my legs have been known to fall asleep too, especially on hard seats.

Re: Legs fall asleep?? new
      #62019 - 04/16/04 05:08 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

Quote:

Yep, I get that one too. Annoying, seeing as you have to be on there, it could at least be comfortable??? Is that too much to ask?

Seriously!

And to make matters a little worse for me, I get pressure hives -- so a long bathroom visit results in giant red/white welts on my tuchus (that's Yiddish for my rear) where the edge of the seat presses into my skin. The welts that can last for an hour after!

Now that I think about it, toilet seat shaped welts must look pretty funny on my backside!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1590 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 438

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review