All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about mushrooms
      #61875 - 04/16/04 11:21 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Are mushrooms insoluble fiber or soluble fiber or both? I was just wondering b/c I wanted to make a pizza dough and then put some oregano and then VERY safe non-meat toppings on it. I am basically still breaking the cycle so I don't want anything that will trigger an attack (I'm probably being a little (ok..a LOT)too paranoid)! Thanks for your help!!!!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about mushrooms new
      #61878 - 04/16/04 11:22 AM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

Seems mushrooms are okay with lots of people but not me. You probably have to give them a try to find out if they work for you. I love them and miss them.

#61892 - 04/16/04 11:45 AM
tarabara04

Reged: 04/06/04
Loc: Bay Area, California, USA

Thanks! Then I think I'll skip 'em until I'm a little more stable..I don't wanna experiment quite yet..lol Thanks for your advice and sorry you have to miss the mushrooms!!!!! If it makes you feel any better, most people here can have cocoa powder, but anything chocolate gives me migraines and just doesn't work for me, shellfish doesn't work for me (I always throw-up, sorry for the details), and nut butters TOTALLY give me IBS attacks. But still, I can live w/o that stuff..I'm sorry mushrooms give you problems!!!!!! Maybe one day they magically won't!!!!!!

--------------------
If you live life to love, you'll love to live life.

#61933 - 04/16/04 01:30 PM
amitchell83

Reged: 09/11/03

Hi Tara~
I love mushrooms, and fortunately they do not bother my IBS, but I have noticed quite a few posts by people who say they bother them. I would just try them out sometime and see how they work for you! Good luck!

Amanda

#62031 - 04/16/04 05:50 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Mushrooms are listed under soluble fibers here. I love mushrooms and put them on pizza & in omelettes, but they do bother some people. (I even know people without IBS that mushrooms bother their tummies.) So, unfortunately it's one of the things you gotta try and see what happens.

#62058 - 04/16/04 07:02 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Tara...

There's a chemical in mushrooms (it's also in beer, wine, aged meat, and smoked cheese) that some people can't tolerate, or are allergic to (including me). If you don't have that allergy you should be fine.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review