All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I Used To Think...
      #61747 - 04/16/04 06:39 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

that having D was worse than having C....but lately I've been really C and WOW....this sucks!!

I posted earlier this week about how I was stuck on the toilet for over an hour because of C....well now I'm terriifed to go to the washroom.

I've been feeling like I need to go all morning but I'm at work and I'm scared I'm gonna get stuck in the washroom again for an hour (and I really just can't afford to be doing that at work)....

Can't wait to get home to use the toilet!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I Used To Think... new
      #61752 - 04/16/04 06:50 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh Kimm, I know the feeling. I'm sitting here right now wishing my BM would come out because I'm going to Toronto for the weekend in just a couple of hours and don't want to be miserable with C all weekend! Anyway, to make a long story short, I hope we're both moved to run to the bathroom soon... but not in a bad way, lol. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#61793 - 04/16/04 08:09 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

I know how both of you feel. C really is a pain that way! There were days in the past (before I went on this diet and found Heather's wonderful books and site) when I'd just go eat a greasy burger so I'd go to the bathroom no matter how painful. Luckily, I don't do that anymore!

I'm lucky to have a pretty private washroom I can use at work but I know what you mean about being stuck in there for an hour! Sometimes I just don't go because I'm so afraid it will take longer than the time I have...

Luckily this diet and the acacia seems to be helping somewhat. Good luck with it! Hope you feel better soon!

Ana

Re: no way! new
      #61794 - 04/16/04 08:13 AM
Lyndeigh

Reged: 02/07/04

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? NO WAY!! I had SEVERE IBSD for a good 2 years in my life- i couldnt even leave my house! Now, for the past 2 months, Ive had IBSC and I can handle it through fiber control, and the IBS diet (of corse!) I have found that with IBSD, I was in more pain, and pain that i am now with ibsc.

Constipated? So what's the big deal? new
      #61802 - 04/16/04 08:24 AM
Stephie

Loc: Vancouver, Canada

No, no, no, that's not what I think NOW! But I will ashamedly admit that is how I used to think about it. Basically, I thought being constipated meant that you just couldn't go to the bathroom for a couple days. And when I had bad D, I would have given anything for that.. to just not have to go for a while.. I didn't realise you still felt like you had to go, and just couldn't. I didn't realise it comes with all the fun of cramping and bloating and gas - not to mention the straining for hours whilst stuck on the loo.
I am typically IBS-D, which I think is no walk in the park, and have only had C a few times. I wouldn't be able to say that one is worse than the other, as they are both pretty horrible and different situations would let you cope with each one differently.
I think the worst I ever had was when all morning, I was trying to go to the bathroom and couldn't. I was cramped up and basically doubled over. Then all of a sudden, WHAM and I had really terrible D. Best of both worlds.
Anyways, to Kimm, I'm sorry you are feeling so awful. I hope you get to go home soon (or already have) and have been in the comfort of your own bathroom, where you can take as long as you want! I know how you feel about not wanting to use the potty at work. In my last bar shift, I felt like I had to go for about 3 hours but just danced around, holding it 'till I got home 'cause... I want all the other kids to like me!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Bathroom at work new
      #61806 - 04/16/04 08:31 AM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

Quote:

I'm lucky to have a pretty private washroom I can use at work but I know what you mean about being stuck in there for an hour! ...

Oh, the whole bathroom at work situation is never good. And I have a new pet peeve -- people who come in after lunch and brush their teeth in there! I am already uncomfortable and stuck in there and then they come in and hang out for a while brushing their teeth. I hate it.

#61813 - 04/16/04 08:38 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Quote:

There were days in the past (before I went on this diet and found Heather's wonderful books and site) when I'd just go eat a greasy burger so I'd go to the bathroom no matter how painful. Luckily, I don't do that anymore!

Ahh, yes. I used to do the same thing with coffee. It worked as a laxative, and back then I was willing to put up with the side effects of cramping, not to mention how much it was upsetting my tummy in general. Never again!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#61817 - 04/16/04 08:42 AM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Yes, hindsight is 20/20 as they say... I must admit I've been doing really well for the past few days. Easter really threw me off but by Tuesday this week I was back to going to the bathroom daily with NO PAIN and eating healthy meals based on Heather's diet.

I like feeling like this and I like not going through the "whatever it takes" to go to the bathroom thing....!

Ana

#61829 - 04/16/04 09:14 AM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

kim i have the same problem at work. but when i have to use the toilet i just go and dont worry what others think. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Re: Bathroom at work new
      #61860 - 04/16/04 10:13 AM
Kimm

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

that's the worst!! I've had so many experiences where I'm in the bathroom and my stomach is going crazy but I'm trying to hold back until everyone leaves!!

Now when I use the washroom I always try and get in and out without lingering when I sense there's someone in the stall beside me who's not feeling well.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 266 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2005

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review