All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Count your calorie intake... new
      #65215 - 04/27/04 11:47 AM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

Perhaps your right. Maybe I am eating too little, and it's slowing my metabolism down, like you said. But the wierd thing is that I haven't really changed my caloric intake, just changed the content to add more solubles and cut out other things, like dairy. And yet I'm creeping up in numbers. I dont expect a magic answer, just looking for something...and a bit frustrated. If I haven't changed anything other than adding insolubles, rice, sourdough, etc, and I'm gaining I cant help but think its that. I think maybe I will try just cutting out potatoes and starches like that, and see what happens. I've also been eating more cereal lately, as it really helps me to get the fiber that way, and totally makes a noticeably improvement in my C. Perhaps thats it? Sorry for the babbling, just looking for some support. THanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#65228 - 04/27/04 12:35 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Also, have you been lifting weights? By exercising/lifting weights you gain muscle, while losing fat. So maybe right now your body is gaining muscle? Which would be a good thing, since muscle speeds up your metabolism.

--------------------
IBS-C

#65246 - 04/27/04 12:58 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

i think you may be on to something with the eats to little theory.

i know i was eating too little about a year ago and gained a few pounds that were reluctant to come off. then i UPPED my calories a bit ('cause i was on Weight Watchers and they won't let you go lower than a certain amt of Points) and the pounds slid off....

or you could be stuck with my best friend's theory: she thinks she holds onto carbs more than other people. she loses weight better when she doesn't have bread, noodles, etc... but that doesn't help you much on the IBS diet, now does it? maybe you have to up your exercise to compensate? i know, i know, i've written about carbs not making you gain weight, and i firmly believe that and science backs me up, but then again i also firmly believe everyone's body and metabolism have their own peculiar quirks! maybe yours it holding onto bread for dear life???

--------------------

#67516 - 05/04/04 05:15 PM
GumN2

Reged: 04/18/04

HI jules! I am gaining weight too. I try to eat the pastas and stuff that won't make me sick but I feel a little bit heavier that I used to be. I get frustrated too alot, especially since the diet is supposed to help you LOSE weight, not gain it. I really don't know what you're doing wrong but you could try to do more cardio and weight to rev up your metabolism. also, try to drink a lot of water, since it helps you maintain a healthy weight and also helps you from dehydrating.

#68837 - 05/09/04 09:18 AM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

Thanks. I have cut down on my amount of carbs because I think Jen is right, and my body just won't have it. What she said in her post is that my body "hangs on to carbs" and that is exactly what I was thinking. I have cut for a week, haven't noticed anything yet, but I will keep you posted. I am still trying to be as IBS friendly as possible, but just cut out white bread, rice, and most cereals. Trying to keep my IBS in check, while not gaining weight, and hopefully losing those few I gained is important. If I gain, I get depressed and thats no good for my tummy either. Good luck!

Jules!! How do you prepare the egg whites and vegetables??? -nt- new
      #69475 - 05/11/04 11:59 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2686

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review