All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Will I benefit from all this info?
      #60826 - 04/13/04 01:53 PM
bchaugen4

Reged: 04/13/04

Hello all, I'm new to these boards and have just posted a couple of times. I've read alot though and think you all provide wonderful support for those of us living with IBS...
I've read alot of Heather's website and am amazed at how people say the info (diet, fiber etc) has helped them. I am hoping that it can help me too. What I would like to know is if there is anyone else out there, like myself, who has only mild spasms-nothing life-alterning, moderate D with very little C, but has a TERRIBLE problem with gas and becoming gas-locked? That is my biggest problem by far and it's crippling!. The gas causes such great pain that I can't stand it. I can feel it building and moving and builing some more...but it won't get out! Sometimes it lasts an hour or so...other times it can go on for a day or more. Can anyone tell me if all this great info and diet suggestions can help this symptom as well? If you have anything to share I would greatly appreciate it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Will I benefit from all this info? new
      #60828 - 04/13/04 02:09 PM
rox1

Reged: 03/31/04

You should try the yoga poses. I had bad gas once and Heather suggested I do a couple of poses and it definitely worked! I felt so much better after.

Take a look at the yoga bulletin board for good poses.

#60830 - 04/13/04 02:12 PM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

Hey there, and welcome to the boards! I'm glad you are brave enough to post and are concerned about these gas pains.

I guess the place to start is to see what your diet consists of? I am kindof like you, I do not have severe D, but enough to bother me at times, and very seldom C. My main symtpoms as well are gas and BLOATING!

I am actually trying a somewhat altered diet from Heathers. I try to get my fiber from the foods I eat. I can handle whole wheat and try to eat wheat breads and pastas when I can. For some people, this is a BIG trigger! Rice pastas and milk are great for me too. I'm ok with soy, but seem to like the rice products better. And I do regular yogurt, not soy.

Give me some specifics of what you eat and let's see if we can go from there.

Also, have you tried Beano or Gas-x, teas?

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

#60872 - 04/13/04 05:18 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Welcome! There's lots of gassy people on these boards. No doubt. You need to be friends with FENNEL TEA. Take some fennel seeds and crush or cut them up a bit. Brew them in a mug of boiling water (tastes kinda like licorice) ITis GREAT for bloating. Lots of people here have had good luck with GasX or Beano as well. Peppermint tea can also help with the pain associated with the gas.
You need to avoid all trigger foods - ie gas producing dairy. Make sure that if you eat things like cabbage, broccoli - you know the gas producers that you cook them well first, have a small portion and eat very slowly.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 683

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review