All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any recommended meds...
      #60649 - 04/13/04 06:50 AM
courtneyF

Reged: 03/19/04
Loc: Virginia

Well, I am off of Bentyl, had to it made me all weird and depressed and I cried like every hour. I took Levsin before that, and the effect wore off after about 5 months so I had to switch to something else. Now I am taking nothing...and actually doing ok? Is that normal? I mean I take Fibercon pills everday or try to, and drink TONS of water, and eat what I am supposed to most of the time and drink pepppermint tea regularly. So, does this mean I am stable? Or should I find a new doc, I dont like mine, and ask for another prescription? What do you think? Can this be done with only a fiber supp and tea nd water and the right food or do most people need a medication?

Any advice would be great?

Courtney*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any recommended meds... new
      #60659 - 04/13/04 07:23 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey Courtney....

if you are feeling stable without having to take any kind of medication then that's really awesome!!

Lots of people get to the point where they no longer need meds to be stable and I think all of us on this board would love to be at that point.

Don't feel like you need to be taking meds...if you're stable then don't worry about it...the less crap you put into your body the better

Re: Any recommended meds... new
      #60662 - 04/13/04 07:27 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Courtney, that's really cool! I'm pretty stable without meds atm as well - I only have the meds for emergencies! If you're okay on just the diet, your supplements and teas, then good for you! Don't worry about doing well!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 566

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review