All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Fellow Montrealers help!
      #60207 - 04/12/04 06:30 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

Hello fellow residents of beautiful Montreal,
I am desperately seeking a soluble fiber supplement (Equalactin, Fibercon, Citrucel) to try, but the dozen pharmacies I've been to only have Metamucil. Any suggestions? I live on the Plateau and am downtown every day, but at this point I will travel as far as necessary to find what I want!
Thanks
Laura

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Fellow Montrealers help! new
      #60388 - 04/12/04 11:26 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello Laura!
I'm not in Montreal but I am in Canada and I thought I'd throw out a few suggestions.
If you can order online, Heather's Acacia is wonderful, and I've also found that you can buy Equalactin from Amazon.com.
For in Canada, I haven't been able to find anything other than Metamucil and something called Prodiem. From what I've been able to find, the Prodiem powder does contain psyllium, which is the ingredient in Metamucil that causes some people problems...however, the capsules dont' seem too. You can check out their website here: http://www.prodiem.ca/ and I'm also going to link to a post on Prodiem from not too long ago for you: http://www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=diet&Number=51525&Forum=All_Forums&Words=prodiem&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=50166&Search=true#Post51525
Anyways, I believe you can find it at most major drug stores throughout Canada, although it may not be quite as easy to find as Metamucil.
Good luck!
Kelly

Fellow canadians new
      #60429 - 04/12/04 12:32 PM
LauraS

Thanks for your reply, Vicam. Are there any other Canadians out there who order their fiber (or other) supplements on-line with success? If I have to order on-line, I'd much rather do it within Canada to save on shipping and exchange. I keep hearing about these on-line Cdn pharmacies but all the ones I've checked out are actually in America!

Re: Fellow canadians new
      #60556 - 04/12/04 05:53 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I just got some of Heather's acacia last week. The shipping was totally fine. You may have to pay a bit more because of exchange, but I consider it worth it. Besides, the dollar's up right now.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#60598 - 04/12/04 11:17 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello again,
I just wanted to let you know that when I ordered my Acacia it wasn't too expensive at all. The shipping was very reasonable, and I didn't get hit with any duty or anything when it came in. I don't think you can get many of these products shipped from Canada, simply because they're not sold here. But most fiber supplements are reasonably priced, so you shouldn't have to pay any duty or taxes when you import it.

Acacia not my magic fix, what does everyone else take? new
      #60621 - 04/13/04 05:24 AM
LauraS

Thanks for your responses. I actually did order some acacia, and I know everyone else here raves about it, but it left me worse off than the psyllium. I get gas with the psyllium, but with the accacia I was C and had awful, smelly gas! It was so uncomfortable I had to leave class a few times. SO I'm back to psyllium, but want to keep trying different fiber supplementsin case there's one out there that would agree with me. So my serch for citrucel, Fibercon, and equalactin in Montreal continues... What's everyone's favorite fiber supplement? Do you ever mix it up, using more than one product at a time?

#60636 - 04/13/04 06:26 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

well I am Canadian and en-route soon to NC. But yesterday my husband mailed me some equalactin I am glad about that. But if I was at home here to stay I would have to do is you.

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2296 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review