All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS -C, Morning pressure! - Help please..
      #6010 - 04/13/03 10:37 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Does anyone else with IBS-C suffer from morning pressure?
Because I'm in the habit of "going" each morning before breakfast, I really don't feel good unless I do. I also find that if I don't "go" then, I miss my chance and will not go again until the next morning.

My dilemma is that my mornings are so rushed, especially work mornings. There's so much to do and on top of that I'm stressing knowing that if I don't "go" soon my window of opportunity is closing and I will feel terrible for the rest of the day.

My son is going through a "mummy do it" stage and so the onus is completely on me to do everything. My husband tries hard to help but my son just won't let him at the moment.

I don't really know how to conquer this one. I have tried getting up really early so that I have plenty of time to get ready and less pressure but it doesn't seem to help. I know if I am relaxed things run a lot more smoothly. On saturday mornings my hubby takes our son to swimming lessons and because the house is quiet and peaceful with no stress I ususally go just fine.

It's so annoying knowing that in a way I am stopping myself from going by stressing about it but I don't know how to stop. I have tried doing yoga, meditating, lisytening to relaxation tapes etc both at bedtime and first thing in the morning.

Does anyone else have this problem and if so any ideas?

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS -C, Morning pressure! - Help please.. new
      #6022 - 04/14/03 04:30 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

Kerri,
I know just how you feel, I can be the same. I have to be as relaxed as possible in the morning as I go to work with the kids (I work at their school) and know that I want to be sorted out before I leave or I could end up with stomach ache. I make sure I eat and have my soluble fibre earlyish as I find this can trigger me needing to 'go'.
Other than that, I try to do as much as I can the night before to cut down on the stress which means I'm not relaxed enough to go.
Good luck

Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#6024 - 04/14/03 05:40 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Kerrie, wish I had some answers for you. I'd dream of going every morning, but I know that doesn't help YOU. Good luck, let me know what works for you!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#6048 - 04/14/03 10:32 AM
Lisa37

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Trinidad & Tobago

Hi, I too have the same problem. If I don't go by the end of the day, the pressure is so unbearable that I have to take an enema for relief - otherwise that's all I think about and I can't function at all.
Lisa.

#6084 - 04/14/03 06:52 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Kerri - Ya know what? If I don't go in the morning, I know it'll happen some time during the day. I just don't worry about it. My older sister is so pre-occupied with "going", that she sits in the throne-room forever with her crossword puzzles. I think the only thing she gets is hemmoroids, tho!

I also find that if I take 3 Fibercon's at dinner, I'm more likely to go early in the morning. But, then I don't have any kiddies to take care of either. I get up, feed Holly (my kittie), eat some oatmeal, do a few cryptograms, drink my tea and there I go--right into the bathroom!

Hope this helps!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#6085 - 04/14/03 06:55 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Hey Kerrie that is no fun. I have the same problem and I find the more I stress out about it the worse the C becomes. When it gets really bad and we have chocolate chip cookies around I eat a couple on an empty tummy. It gets me moving, but I deal with pain all day. Sometimes I don't know what is worse.

#6088 - 04/14/03 10:05 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Thanks for all your support and advice everyone. It's good to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. I guess I just have to try and relax as much as I can and be super organised to avoid extra stress.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 927 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 749

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review