Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Sorta a stupid tea question....
      #59848 - 04/10/04 04:38 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi,
Okay, this might be a totally ridiculous question to ask but for some reason I have it in my mind that you have to boil water for tea. I'm not sure why, but I can remember my mom getting mad at me when I was younger for taking the kettle off the store before it was totally boiled, saying you have to have it that way...
But then I thought I read people just drinking them cold..
The thing is, I don't really like hot drinks. I always make my herbal tea with boiling water, let it sit FOREVER until it isn't hot anymore and drink it luke warm. Can I just add cold water to a tea bag and mix it around or is that not okay? Or can I just heat up the water a little, or do I have to boil it completely?
I know this is silly, I just think it's more silly that I take 20 minutes to make a cup of tea if I have to include the time I let it stand before I'll drink it!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sorta a stupid tea question.... new
      #59856 - 04/10/04 05:36 AM
Jez

Reged: 04/10/04

um well. i dont realy like boiling hot tea either as i cant drink it as fast. what i did once was not boil it at all and found it impossible to get any tea out of the bag. So ill just half boil it and that will be good enough.

Just a Question, couldnt you have tested this yourself? mazybe there is something in hear that your looking for that i didnt answer.

hope it helps anyway.

--------------------
Who is Lord of this world? Jesus is. Now what will you do?

#59864 - 04/10/04 06:04 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I think you need to boil it. You could always let it brew for a while --- take the bag out and then add an ice cube or stick it in the fridge. That would speed up the cooling process.

#59869 - 04/10/04 06:21 AM
####

Reged: 04/05/04

All of the herbal tea boxes that I have say to use boiling water. Some of them like the peppermint and peppermint/fennel say to let the tea steep for 15 minutes to get the full flavor/effect of the tea. One idea if you like the cold is to make it in the morning and let it stay room temperature. After a day though the tea gets bitter.

#59875 - 04/10/04 07:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Steph - It's best to boil the water first then steep the tea. If you don't like hot tea, why not make up a pitcher of iced herbal tea? I think I use 8 tea bags for a pitcher (one per cup) and I mix and match the flavors to come up with my own. For example, one of my favorites is to mix up berry flavored teas with some peach.

Just boil enough water to fill a pitcher, remove from heat and throw your tea bags in, then when it's steeped for a bit, remove the bags and transfer to pitcher, sweeten as desired, refrigerate and voila - iced herbal tea!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3097 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 552

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review