All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Meds for IBS-C new
      #60409 - 04/12/04 12:01 PM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

I love Bentyl. I have made many posts describing how I take it and how it works for me. I've been telling everyone about it, but no one seems to listen or acknowlege me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Meds for IBS-C new
      #60592 - 04/12/04 09:44 PM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi geminimcm,
You're the first person with IBS-C too, who likes Bentyl. I'm on 10mg, sometimes 20mg. I like that I can eat trigger foods without getting a bad attack. It's great.

Re: RE: Beaglelover new
      #60709 - 04/13/04 09:00 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Michele,

I just noticed your message! How are you doing?

#60737 - 04/13/04 10:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Beaglelover, I'm trying to do ok. Still having a bit of a hard time. Check out the Living Room post I've got going on with Nugget! But I'm trying to think positive and seeing a shrink is helping!
Thanks for asking!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#62566 - 04/19/04 10:36 AM
greer

Reged: 03/18/04

Hi Michele. I am new at this. Only have had IBS since last August, I believe from taking an herb that "insulted" my gut. I have not been the same since. I am self-diagnosing, because I can't get into a gastroenterologist until July 16. But I am 98% sure I have IBS due to the symptoms, provided nothing else going on more serious. You're symptoms are a lot like mine from what I've read. Also, my five year old daughter has been on Miralax for about 6 months now. About 1/2 of the adult dose every other day. It works like a dream on her, but am afraid of dependency. She has been constipated since birth (runs in the female side of my family) so I have resolved that she is going to be dependent on something her whole life anyway. May try to gradually switch her to Benefiber or Acacia this summer to see what that might do. Also, have you ever tried the hypnosis tapes? I just received them in the mail today. Although I have not been officially diagnosed, I am contemplating starting them to see if I can help beat this crazy thing I've acquired. Just wondered if you tried them; you are going to a shrink you say? I live in a small town so that is not a viable option for me. It's nice to meet you, if you would respond back to me (or anyone else too!). I will try to find your reply, as I said, I'm new at IBS & message boards!

#62638 - 04/19/04 01:05 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, greer!
Just wanted to say welcome! First time I've noticed your name. If you start a new post of your own, we'll all see it and welcome you.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Re: RE: Greer new
      #62659 - 04/19/04 02:10 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Greer! Nice to met you! Do you also suffer from the C. Are you also taking the miralax?? I was also not thrilled about the idea of having to take a laxative for the rest of my life but I would rather do that than go through life miserble and constipated!

I also take Acacia, in addition to the miralax. I did try to ween myself off the miralax by upping my dose of acacia, but wasn't able to do it, the C got too bad. Do try it for your daughter, though, it may work for her. Start off with a very small dose of the acacia and gradually increase the acacia as you decrease the miralax. I would suggest the acacia everyday even though she only does the miralax every other day. Do it slowly, over a couple of months. Its important not to increase the acacia too fast, otherwise it can cause gas and bloating.

I just started the hypno tapes last Monday!! They are VERY relaxing. Too early to tell if its helping the IBS but they are helping me relax at night! Even the people who say that the tapes didn't "cure" the IBS all say it does help them relax! I would give it a try, what have you got to loose? Could that be something you could do with your daughter? Check out the hypno section of these boards for more info there!

Thats awful you have to wait so long for the dr! I have had ALL the tests and than some and all the drs say I'm perfectly healthy! How FRUSTRATING! Seeing a shrink is helping me alot. Its the first time I have ever tried therapy and I feel pretty positive about the whole thing! Thats too bad thats not an option for you

Welcome to the boards!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6545

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review