All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pre-made food Q -- need marinade/super fast preparation for chicken breasts
      #59258 - 04/08/04 01:52 PM
pearlmaj

Reged: 03/31/04

Hi all

I have chicken breasts defrosting at home, and I assume all the marinades in my pantry are off limits to me now that I am on the IBS diet.

I perused the recipes on the recipe message board for chicken breasts but I won't have the time it takes to make anything that involved.

Does anybody have a suggestion for a marinade I can buy at the grocery store? Or for a mix of spices, etc., for an easy fast recipe?

I ask because (i) I don't have time to cook, (ii) chicken breasts always come out dry -- I don't know how to make them, and (iii) my (picky) grandmother is staying with me and if it is too "weird" she won't eat it -- so no soy cheese, etc.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I hope it is okay I posted this here rather than the recipe board -- I am really looking for a safe product, ideally. Thanks again.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pre-made food Q -- need marinade/super fast preparation for chicken breasts new
      #59263 - 04/08/04 01:57 PM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Hi,

I would check the ingredients in the marinades (no MSG, no HCFC, etc.). If all else fails how about fat free italian dressing or teryaki marinade. I use both occasionally and they don't bother me.

Good luck and hope Grams likes the chicken.

Barbara

Re: Pre-made food Q -- need marinade/super fast preparation for chicken breasts new
      #59268 - 04/08/04 02:04 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

take a couple eggs whites and whipp'em up in a bowl with a fork, put some store bought bread crumbs (I like the italian flavored ones) in another bowl. Drag your chicken breast through the egg whites than coat with bread crumbs. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray (like Pam) than bake at 375 for about 30 mintues, check for doneness (just be sure they are not pink in the middle) They come out very moist.

Or soak the chicken breast in no fat italian dressing for about a half hour before pan "frying" again using non stick spray, add a few teasppons of water and cover to keep from drying out.

spray the non stick cooking spray on both side of the chicken, than spray some on a piece of tinfoil. Put the chicken on the foil, add a touch of soy margerin, garlic, italian seasonings, salt and pepper. I even cut up some potatoes and carrotts into small cubes and toss them in too. Fold the tinfoil around everything, place on cookie sheet and bake about 400, check after about half an hour.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#59273 - 04/08/04 02:11 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

take a couple eggs whites and whipp'em up in a bowl with a fork, put some store bought bread crumbs (I like the italian flavored ones) in another bowl. Drag your chicken breast through the egg whites than coat with bread crumbs. Spray a cookie sheet with non stick cooking spray (like Pam) than bake at 375 for about 30 mintues, check for doneness (just be sure they are not pink in the middle) They come out very moist.

THAT sounds fast & easy!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#59285 - 04/08/04 02:31 PM
pearlmaj

Quote:

Quote:

Yup! And I already have all of the ingredients (chicken, eggs, progresso italian bread crumbs, pam) so no need to stop at the store! Oh, I guess I do need to buy a vegetable.

Michelle, do I need to preheat to 375? THANKS! new
      #59286 - 04/08/04 02:32 PM
pearlmaj

#59317 - 04/08/04 04:17 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Off topic: I love your picture!

#59322 - 04/08/04 04:22 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yup! And I already have all of the ingredients (chicken, eggs, progresso italian bread crumbs, pam) so no need to stop at the store! Oh, I guess I do need to buy a vegetable.

RIGHT ON!!

Love your pic too!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#59323 - 04/08/04 04:23 PM
pearlmaj

Thanks! My eyes are kinda closed, but that always happens. I like yours, too.

#59325 - 04/08/04 04:24 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Thanks! Oh yeah, I know that feeling. The minute the flash goes off my eyes are shut. There were a ton of wedding photos thrown away because neither I nor Eric have open eyes.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3579 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 897

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review