All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with Iron Supplements
      #59171 - 04/08/04 11:24 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I just got a call from my doctor telling me that I'm anemic and I need to start taking iron supplements. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions regarding this? I'm thinking about if there are some brands that are better than others or are there "extra" ingredients I should be looking out for in some of them?
Any suggestions would be great!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with Iron Supplements new
      #59179 - 04/08/04 11:31 AM
rosey

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: Roseville, CA

There's a time-release type of iron supplement you can get in any drug store.. I used it for awhile for the same reason. I wish I could remember the name.. It was recommended by my Dr as it's less likely to cause C. A bit more expensive then others but worth it. I had no problems. If I later remember the name I'll come back and post you
You may want to ask the pharmacist at your drugstore.

Rosey

#59183 - 04/08/04 11:42 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi Kelly; I too am anemic. I take the (Walmart) Equate brand supplements. It is IRON 324mg;and has Ferrous Gluconate with it.They are green tablets. With being D I found they did not constipate me, ( i wish ) and had no problems with them. I take one every morning with orange juice at about a half hour before my snack around 10:00 am. take care Sue

#59191 - 04/08/04 12:05 PM
rosey

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: Roseville, CA

I searched Google and I found the type of iron supplement I used to take. It's called "SlowFE" - Slow release Iron. If you search at www.google.com for SLOWFE you'll find several sites that sell it, but you can also find it at any major drug store

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7653 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review