All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For Heather and anyone else
      #58896 - 04/07/04 02:23 PM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

can i eat a luna bar on an empty stomach, like as a snack? i'm really confused about this...i'm not sure if it has enough soluble fiber to eat alone.

here's the ingredients for the one i have in front of me, which is chocolate pecan pie, but i think the basic ingredients are the same for all of them:
soy rice crisp (soy protein isolate, rice flour malt extract), rolled oats, soy flour, soy protein isolate, organic milled flaxseed, brown rice syrup, coating (organic evaporated cane juice, frationated palm kernael oil, cocoa, soy lecithin, natural flavors), roasted pecans, rice flour, natural flavors, sea salt, cinammon, green tea extract.

then it also has a lot of vitamins and minerals which i don't feel like typing out. it says there's no hydrogenated oils, wheat or dairy.

is this safe for me on an empty stomach? is it safe for me at all? i'm thinking it is but want to make sure.

thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: For Heather and anyone else new
      #58939 - 04/07/04 05:00 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I eat them on a empty stomach without any problems. You should be fine!

--------------------
--Julie

#58993 - 04/07/04 09:05 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

The ingredients look safe to me. I'm going to have to look for those!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#59061 - 04/08/04 07:30 AM
jjr

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: Roanoke, TX

thanks tuxedocat and kree!! luna bars are really yummy and a good snack, so i just wanted to make sure.

i just tried the new dulce de leche flavor and it is wonderful!! tastes like a candy bar, but much better for you. i found it at one grocery store but looked for it again at a different one last night and they didn't have it yet, must be too new. you should give it a try...very good!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 532

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review