All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Wellbutrin and Lexapro
      #58800 - 04/07/04 11:11 AM
Chela

Reged: 03/17/04
Loc: California

I went to the doctor on Monday. Starting my 4th week on lexapro for IBS-C. It's helping the IBS. The doctor wants me to try Wellbutrin to counter act the sexual side effects that Lexapro has. Has anyone taken both combinations? What side effects has anyone experienced just with Wellbutrin?
Thanks,
Chela

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wellbutrin and Lexapro new
      #58826 - 04/07/04 11:54 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I have. Been on Zoloft, Wellbutrin and lexapro. I noticed the least amount of sexual decrease with the Lexapro but everyone responds differently. I think the decreased sex drive is a side effect of most of those kinds of drugs. Really sucks we need to take a pill to feel better but than we don't feel like having sex!! I would say if your DR is willing to let you try some of the others, go ahead and swicth and see if it helps!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#59729 - 04/09/04 02:17 PM
Chela

Thanks Michelle.
I just kind of worried about Wellbutrin's side effects.
I occasionally (1-2 days/month) drink alcohol (1-2 beers) when I go out dancing. I guess one of the worse side effect is seizures.
I've been reading up on Wellbutrin and some info. says "no alcohol" or moderate alcohol. Plus ACNE is another side effect. hairloss . I'm already dealing with those, not sure if they would get worse if I start Wellbutrin.

#59759 - 04/09/04 03:48 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Wellbutrin caused horrible C for me! I think that's how this IBS-C started. And it also made me jittery---like I'd had 10 cups of coffee. But of course, I have bipolar disorder, and most of the meds that make people drowsy make me hyper! Everyone's different.

#60358 - 04/12/04 10:44 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Keep in mind they MUST list EVERY little thing anyone ever complained about a particular drug! So don't freak out when you read those side effects lists! I was a moderate drinker when I was on the Wellbutrin and NEVER had a problem, sometimes it would make me more tired was all. Never had any hair loss. I'm prone to acne and didn't notice it to get any worse when I was on Wellbutrin!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#60366 - 04/12/04 11:02 AM
Chela

Thanks Michelle! This is a relief....I finally got my nerve up and started taking Wellbutrin today. We'll see how it goes (with the side effects) and if it actually helps with the sexual side effects of Lexapro. I'm only taking 150mg per day. Which I guess is about 1/3 or 1/2 of what patients usually take for depression.

Wellbutrin new
      #60449 - 04/12/04 01:15 PM

Unregistered

I take wellbutrin cause i'm bipolar and I didn't notice anything about hair loss and i've been on and off it for a year but for me I had really bad naseau. I had to start having ginger tablets and ginger suckers. As for acne i'm not sure if it's that or my birth control that has had me break out.
Though sometimes I think that the wellbutrin causes me to have d. Though i'm not totally sure on it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 408 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review