All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
re: weight loss
      #57697 - 04/04/04 08:34 AM
Neeta

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone, I wanted to thank you all that have replied to me. I am so thankful to have your thoughts. I certainly have been brainwashed by the protein thing. I am comitting to this regime now and hopefully I will find relief firstly and secondly shed these nuisance pounds! I have to admit last night I had three low carb beers! Man do I feel awful today. It was not worth it. I used to be a red wine drinker, then I started getting headaches, then white wine drinker (one with no sulphites), then headaches after a while, tried low carb beer, that worked until last night. So I guess that's it for the fun stuff for me! I want to put my profile on this site, I haven't got the foggiest how to do it. I will try, but I might be asking for help later. I was at a homeschooling conference yesterday (I homeschool my daughter) and my tummy was not too bad. I still get a full tummy feeling often, and am usually hungry . . . what's that all about, does anybody know?

Neeta

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Neeta,Neeta,Neeta... new
      #57725 - 04/04/04 10:49 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Absolutely no alcohol!!! I understand totally, living down in the South of Texas we have many great Mexican Food Restaurants who also serve Margaritas! I love them (er, loved). When I stopped the alcohol, and started Heathers diet, IBS the First Year, and followed it, I started feeling better, much better!! You will too, mind over matter. You have to do it, to feel better! You can too, many of us have. Good Luck, I am thinking about you!! gigi

Re: re: weight loss new
      #57733 - 04/04/04 11:05 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hey, Neeta,
You're very welcome. Glad we all could help. Yeah, I was forced to admit that even like one glass of wine a week was just enough to keep my system irritated and reacting to everything else. Bummer, huh?

Go ahead and ask about the profile. There's lots of very knowledgeable users on the boards that can walk you through it.

Don't know about that full tummy feeling, but there have been a few messages lately about being constantly hungry. Do a quick search, I'm sure you'll find them.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Alcohol new
      #57780 - 04/04/04 01:39 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I found that when I've been stable for a while, I can tolerate a little alcohol without feeling too bad. But wait a while!

IBS is all to do with your autonomic nervous system. Basically, I think it just f**ks your body up so it doesn't know what's really happening. Like needing to pee more often!!!??? What's THAT all about!

Re: Alcohol new
      #57855 - 04/04/04 04:44 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It could also be that she has sensitivities to particular forms of alcohol... I can't have beer or wine but I can have some hard liquor when I'm feeling very healthy. I can't have anything aged like beer and wine are. Weird, huh?

Neeta new
      #57865 - 04/04/04 04:58 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Hi and welcome-- i don't think i've seen you on the boards until recently, is that right? i apologize--- I've been ill and a little foggy lately.

Have you been tested for celiac, Neeta?

--------------------

Re: Neeta new
      #57885 - 04/04/04 06:08 PM
Neeta

Hi there, nope you haven't seen me before. I started using this site a couple of days ago. I am just starting with Heather's diet and yep, I was tested for Celiac (that's wheat allergy isn't it?) about 5 years ago now. I do not have an allergy to wheat, the doc. said I am highly sensitive to many, many things! Lot's of help that isn't it. I am coming off of Aitkins (believe it or not I was o.k. on that for quite a while) and now eating my beloved carbs again. I just hope that I won't look like a beached whale soon. People on this site have reassured me that carbs don't infact make you fat, I certainly hope not. I of course have been brainwashed by Aitkins. My problem is mainly bloating and the feeling of yuck that comes with that. The more I read on this site, the more I appreciate I have it easy! Man, people are suffering.

Neeta.

Re:Neeta,Neeta,Neeta... new
      #57888 - 04/04/04 06:12 PM
Neeta

Hi Gigi, glad to hear from you even though the message is dismal, no booze, ever, man! I have to say though, how I felt this a.m. blow that for a lark, sobriety here I come!

Neeta

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1276 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1338

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review