All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
FOOD QUESTIONS
      #56181 - 03/30/04 02:20 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

I was wondering if these foods are generally safe for IBS (for the most part anyways). Also, is High fructose corn syrup the same as corn syrup?
1. Marshmallows - (just regular ones in the bag)
2. Cocoa puffs
3. brown rice (I noticed that rice cakes are from brown rice)
4. flavored baked chips (like sour cream and cheddar etc.)
5. I was wondering if there were any drinks at gas stations or stores that you guys usually just grab - I used to always walk in and grab a soda but now that I cant I always just go for water. Is there anything in there that is perfectly safe??
Anyways any advice on these things would help me out tons!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: FOOD QUESTIONS new
      #56183 - 03/30/04 02:28 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Marshmallows and cocoa puffs are both perfectly safe. Brown rice is higher in insoluble fiber than white rice, but it's perfectly safe for most IBSers. Just try a little bit to make sure it settles well first. As for the baked potato chips, they're safe UNLESS they contain dairy... and the two flavors you mentioned almost definitely do. Check the ingredients before you buy!

The gas station thing is a toughy. Personally, I just stick with the water... pretty much everything else there contains caffeine, carbonation, artificial flavors, too much fruit juice, or SOMETHING that's not good for IBS. When in doubt water is always best!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#56197 - 03/30/04 03:06 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

Thank you! Im so glad marshmallows and cocoa puffs are ok! But for some reason when I eat too many rice crispy treats I dont do to good so thats why I asked about the marshmallows - I was told it might be the HFCS in the rice crispies. What about girl scout cookies (the thin mint ones) Are these ok??

#56208 - 03/30/04 03:47 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

To my total amazement, I just looked at our last remaining box and they DONT have HFCS!! The only bad thing they have is whey and it's way down on the list of ingredients. Oh, and the fact that they're not exactly fat free: 140 calories for 4 cookies, 60 calories from fat. But safe enough for one or two after a low fat meal.

Ooh, baby, to quote Bev!! Who wudda thunk it?!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#56282 - 03/30/04 10:14 PM
Dalia

Reged: 03/14/04
Loc: London / Tel Aviv / New York

I can personally only eat the brown rice cakes from your list.
If I eat any chips apart from the plain salted ones I feel like crap, and anything with colourings or chemicals/additives in it set me off too! Natural is the only way forward for me!

--------------------
Feel the fear, and do it anyway

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3935 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review