All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
LS, you know better than to ask hard questions like that! new
      #56565 - 03/31/04 02:50 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

LOL.... I'm to lazy to go upstairs and get it. I'm realllllly wiped out today! But I will be near it and the computer at the same time tomorrow and let you know. If I forget, remind me, will ya fellow foggee!?

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: LS, you know better than to ask hard questions like that! new
      #56622 - 03/31/04 04:48 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

You're right, I apologize!!! Me bad!!!

I'm racing thru the last few posts because DH is on his way home to take over the computer. See ya tomorrow, punkin.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Barb new
      #56694 - 04/01/04 04:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm so upset! I went back to e-mail you last night...and your e-mail was gone (my e-mail has been giving me MAJOR trouble this year!) Can I send it to your yahoo account? Hope that's ok...let me know when you have a chance so I know where I can e-mail you.

Thakns!

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie new
      #57484 - 04/03/04 08:09 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

send e-mail to my yahoo acct. I set up yahoo so that people can send me e-mail and only my eyes see it. Not sure why my TDS account didn't work for you.

LauraSue...OA tonight...any advice new
      #57816 - 04/04/04 03:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So I'm gonna try OA tonight and I wanted to know if you have any advice? I'm gonna do an on-line thing. I'm kinda nervous

Thanks for all your support so far!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: LauraSue...OA tonight...any advice new
      #58047 - 04/05/04 09:19 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, Ruchie, I'm SO PROUD of you!! You are the bravest person I know!!

Okay, advice. I have none, because there are no rules!! Seriously, it's a very sweet, gentle, easy going fellowship, much like this board. One difference is that people generally share one at a time, with no interruptions or comments from others.

It's okay to be nervous. I was TERRIFIED at my first meeting. But this lovely person turned to me after the meeting with a big smile and said, "Keep coming back!" And that just melted my heart, so I did.

You don't even have to say anything if you don't want. You can just listen. Or you can tell them you're new and a little nervous. They'll all say that's fine, they were too!

It may be a step meeting or a topic meeting where they're focusing on one of the twelve steps specifically or on one particular topic, like denial or powerlessness.

And there will be people from all different backgrounds, all different religions, all over the country. And the main message you'll come away with is that YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

I'm getting all choked up just thinking about how much love and support I've gotten over the years from my meetings and the friends I've made there.

You're taking the first step in a beautiful journey that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!

Now, you may also, for whatever reason, decide that it's not for you right now. That's also fine. We all have our own path and you're right where you're supposed to be right now. But you'll always know in the back of your mind that help is there when you need it. And even if you don't keep attending meetings right now, you can always come back in the future. But I'm SO PROUD of you for being willing to give it a try. You're an inspiration to me.

GOOD LUCK, RUCHIE!!!! YAY!!!!!! YOU GO, GIRL!!!
Love and (((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4010 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7942

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review