All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soy milk
      #53620 - 03/24/04 04:32 AM
gabe

Reged: 03/15/04
Loc: Altoona, PA

Hello everyone I just had soy milk for the first time and I really didnt like the taste. It didnt make me sick but just the taste it left in my mouth I didnt like. I just wanna know about other people's expierences the first time they tried soy milk and if u get used to the taste. Thanks.
Gabe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soy milk new
      #53640 - 03/24/04 06:16 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there...

I know the first time I tried it I thought it was gross!! But I've experimented with different brands and flavours and have now found one that I really enjoy. It's called "Too Good To Be True" ....and it really is!!

Anyway...good luck!!

#53642 - 03/24/04 06:20 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi! I bought vanilla soy milk, and I think that tastes pretty good. Maybe you should try a flavored soy milk product. I noticed that mine was kind of pulpy looking, which is a little odd to get used to, but at least it tastes very good.

#53643 - 03/24/04 06:23 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I am in the same boat as you, I have tried to get on the drinking plain soy milk wagon a few times now and I just don't like it! Lucky for me, I have been lactose intolerant for most of my life so have pretty much gotten used to life without glasses of milk. BUT I did find this chocolate soy milk that is SO GOOD. I actually bought it because I was craving chocolate, not milk, and expected to hate it. Since trying the chocolate one, I have also tried strawberry (which I thought was pretty gross, but I think some people might like it.). In the Health Food store here, there are also banana and vanilla flavours. This probably doesn't help if you are just looking for plain milk, but I had to come and suggest the chocolate because... mmmm... chocolate....
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#53646 - 03/24/04 06:31 AM
hde

Reged: 10/01/03

I found that I actually didn't like the taste of the vanilla soy milk - I guess because I wanted it to taste more like regular milk. I use the plain WestSoy fat free milk in my cereal but still can't drink a glass of it. Then again, I've actually never liked to just drink plain milk, so maybe that's my problem! It also helps if it's very cold! The WestSoy milk does also tend to have a brownish color to it, so don't be alarmed if you try it. Good luck!

#54835 - 03/26/04 02:48 PM
fatgirl1

Reged: 11/04/03

Did anyone find that soy milk gave you gas?

#54838 - 03/26/04 02:54 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yes it does...check out this post form earlier... Here Hope this helps...if not do a board search on soymilk and gas!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3621 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1131

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review