All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Olive Oil
      #53598 - 03/23/04 08:59 PM
DanielleC

Reged: 01/29/04

Hi everyone,
I know that its supposedly okay to have olive oil if you have IBS, but the past few times I've eaten it, it has given me attacks. I used to have canola oil, but that triggered terrible attacks so I switched to olive oil spray and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and still got sick..I also have Celiac disease so I am on a very strict diet, so I know that nothing else I am eating is what is causing the attacks and both of these oils are supposed to be safe for the Celiac diet as well. Does anyone have the same problems with these oils? I'm so confused.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Olive Oil new
      #53600 - 03/23/04 09:01 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Are you SURE it wasn't something you has with the oil (I'm guessing you're not drinking the stuff straight! ). Never heard of this.

#53601 - 03/23/04 09:04 PM
DanielleC

Reged: 01/29/04

All I had with them was plain skinless potato wedges (I put the olive oil on them to bake) and I also put the olive oil on my gluten free pasta which is made up of rice which I know doesn't bother me. I have no clue why I keep getting these attacks.

#53603 - 03/23/04 09:06 PM
vikki

Reged: 03/19/04

hi.sorry this has nuthing to do with olive oil. but i was just wondering hwo you typed on the message boards. liek hwo do you post somehtign up? i cant get the hang of it. if you could help me out thatd be great! thanks so much

This is WEIRD - Help, anyone? -nt new
      #53605 - 03/23/04 09:08 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: This is WEIRD - Help, anyone? -nt new
      #53607 - 03/23/04 09:22 PM
AllieGator

Reged: 01/24/04
Loc: Rockland County, NY

i cant tolerate oil of ANY KIND, even the spray kills me. i always use nonstick pans to make pancakes and eggs and stuff, as far as spraying the oil onto things to brown them, i just dont do it, its not worth getting sick over and i really dont taste the difference with or without oil.

--------------------
If you can do nothing else...smile

#53617 - 03/24/04 03:36 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You could be like AllieGator and not able to tolerate olive oil at all, or you could be using too much. Olive oil is a fat, so you have to use it sparingly.

Re: posting new
      #53618 - 03/24/04 03:41 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

hi.sorry this has nuthing to do with olive oil. but i was just wondering hwo you typed on the message boards. liek hwo do you post somehtign up? i cant get the hang of it. if you could help me out thatd be great! thanks so much

Hi vikki,

If you go to the message board, across the top in the blue bar you'll see "All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board"....if you keep going to the right side, you'll see " Post, Previous, Index, Next, Expand, Collapse". Click on "Post", and take it from there.

Hope that helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8067 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1389

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review