All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Equalactin & Bev new
      #53158 - 03/22/04 09:00 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Admit it Bev, you just like the taste don't you!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Lamaze new
      #53164 - 03/22/04 11:52 PM
heakthynut34

Reged: 03/22/04

soundslike a fun thing to do,that's funny too!

Re: Panic when pain comes new
      #53427 - 03/23/04 01:01 PM
pescado

Reged: 02/19/04

hi heavenlee

sorry to hear about the cramps and panic attacks. I was experiencing that a few weeks ago. Not fun at all.

The doc did prescribe paxil for the anxiety, but I decided not to take it. I am trying St John's Wort and when I get anxious, I take a couple of drops of Bach's Relief Remedy (found at health stores). I do the deep breathing and put a hot pad on my tummy and that helps. I drink peppermint or fennel tea (the heat seems to relax me) and if needed, I also take an Extra Strength Tylenol.

Truthfully, what helps the most is distraction. I knit, or talk/email ..... just try to get my mind off the cramps and onto something else.

I wish you the very very best.

janet

Re:Michael's Hypnotherapy tapes new
      #53429 - 03/23/04 01:02 PM
pescado

Reged: 02/19/04

Oh, one more thing.

I am using Michael's hypnotherapy tapes (day 15) and they are WONDERFUL if you are prone to anxiety because of the IBS.

janet

Re:Michael's Hypnotherapy tapes new
      #53442 - 03/23/04 01:35 PM
crampgirl

Reged: 02/23/04

The IBS tape or one of the others he has? I'm doing the hypno tapes myself and am around where you are # - wise, and seem to be noticing less anxiety myself. Could this be a co-inky-dink?

#53453 - 03/23/04 01:59 PM
Slymac

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario

for really bad attacks I use an axiety medication called clonazepam. If I take it when the pain is starting it goes away. I have the same problem I fear the pain of the attack and the pain always gets worse but I have my amazing stomach tea for spasms and my backup anxiety pills which I have with me at all times.

#53460 - 03/23/04 02:19 PM
ChelleBelle

Reged: 03/23/04
Loc: Missouri

I totally know what you mean about the Lamaze breathing. I get panicky too and the breathing does help. My mom would sometimes say "Gee whiz people are going to think your nuts." So what...no one has ever said anything but if they did I would just tell them its part of my Pilates workout!

#53597 - 03/23/04 08:59 PM
heavenlee

Reged: 01/13/04

Thank you all for your responses. I know you all know what I go through. Nobody else in my life seems to understand what I go through and thinks the pain is all in my head. My boyfriend even thinks it's wierd and just cannot sympathise with me. So I really try not to panic in front of him. If he is at my place and I start to feel like it is coming on I ask him to go home. I just don't want him to see me like that.

I will try to do the deep breathing and really try to relax and wait for it to pass.

Thank you for listening to me! It's so nice to come to a place where people really understand what I go through!

Roxanne

Chellebelle... new
      #53633 - 03/24/04 05:46 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

Great name, btw.

So what if people think we're nuts is right! I'm going to look more nuts when I push them over while clutching my stomach and running to the "loo," now aren't I!? No one best get in MY way when I've got to go.... So deep breathing it is!

--------------------

#53634 - 03/24/04 06:01 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I agree with Jen, I have always called my cramping or referred to the pain as "labor pains" because they are Very severe and come and go and I too, do the breathing, I always hated going to a male Dr. trying to explain the pains are like labor pains, like he would know what one is....Anyway, I get panicky also, because I don't know how long this episode is going to last and how painful it's going to be, IBS sucks. Also as soon as I feel it happening I do go get me a nice hot cup of mint tea. I do know that IF you are able to walk around during the pain, that does help "move things along". Also, I get very hateful and I don't want anyone to talk to me during a pain, afterwards I feel bad..........

Cheryl

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 426 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4300

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review