All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Pumpkin Cookies
      #52216 - 03/19/04 08:40 AM
geminimcm

Reged: 03/12/04

Hi guys! I just made pumpkin cookies from one of the recipes in the archives. I ended up with A LOT of batter for LOTS of cookies. They turned out really good and soft. I put a little too much nutmeg in, though. They taste really fattening, but they are virtually fat free and they have a muffin-like texture to them. YUMMMMMMMMMY!!
Also, I've been drinking peppermint tea, but I don't think I can stand it anymore. Everytime I drink it, I feel nauseous afterwards. I think it's because I hate the taste of tea so much! Does anyone else not like tea?
I know I should drink it, but I just can't!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Peppermint tea new
      #52232 - 03/19/04 08:53 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I can't stand the taste of tea either, so I put lots of honey in it, though it ends up getting a little gross as it cools, so I try to drink it quick. I only drink peppermint tea as a last resort. Lately I've been sucking on (but I usually end up chewing them ) peppermint hard candies.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Peppermint tea new
      #52234 - 03/19/04 08:56 AM
geminimcm

Do the peppermint hard candies seem to help your stomache the same as the tea does?

Peppermint hard candies new
      #52236 - 03/19/04 08:58 AM
melitami

Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Yup, though it sometimes takes 2-3 before I notice a difference. I go through them like crazy.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Peppermint Tea new
      #52247 - 03/19/04 09:10 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey there...
I've noticed that I felt a little sick a couple times after drinking my peppermint tea...I just figured I was probably drinking it too fast and made a conscious effort to drink it a little more slowly...haven't felt sick from it since!!

Maybe you're drinking it too fast??
As far as the taste goes...maybe sweeten it a bit and it might help...or you can try mixing it with other teas as well. I love how all the teas taste so I can't really offer you too much advice on that one!!

Good luck!!

Re: Peppermint Tea new
      #52253 - 03/19/04 09:14 AM
geminimcm

Kimm,
Yes, I do drink it fast. First, because I hate the taste, so I want to just get it over with, Second, because it seems to get cold so fast! And I think it tastes even worse cold!! I guess I can't win either way.
Yeah, I have tried sweetening it with Splenda, but it's still not good to me. Oh well...maybe I'll get used to it and acquire a taste for it?

Re: Peppermint Tea new
      #52261 - 03/19/04 09:25 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Get a mug, like an insulated one. That really helps to keep it warm. Yep drinking it to fast will make you feel like throwing up. Make it really hot and then sip it! Are you making it to strong, not strong enough? That could make it taste a little better. Also if it gets cold just put it in the microwave to re-heat it!

--------------------

Re: Pumpkin Cookies new
      #52276 - 03/19/04 10:02 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Just curious - is it loose tea, and if so have you been drinking Heather's or some you found on your own.

The reason I ask is because I always get Heathers and I love it. But, my future MIL bought me some loose for and it was DISGUSTING!! Even my fiance couldn't drink it (he steals my tea all the time! lol). I don't know what is wrong with that tea, but we never told his mom.

#52296 - 03/19/04 10:25 AM
geminimcm

No, I got Celestial Seasonings peppermint tea. It comes in single serving tea bags (20 in all). In what form does Heather's come in?

Drinking tea new
      #52302 - 03/19/04 10:34 AM
crampgirl

I'm not a tea lover myself. Tastes just blah, but doing it anyway in case it helps. Sometimes I'll add a splash of something extra like cranberry juice or a lemon wedge.

#353047 - 12/06/09 12:50 AM
sela

Reged: 10/10/03

Ok, I can't find the pumpkin cookie recipe. Can you help me?

Pumpkin Cookie Recipe... new
      #353050 - 12/06/09 05:48 AM
Windchimes

Reged: 09/05/09
Loc: Northern California

Here is the basic Pumpkin Cookie recipe from the Recipe Exchange board:

These are a family favorite. The original recipe calls for 1 cup of oil and I used applesauce. The cookies are kind of cake like so the applesauce worked. This is so easy. My recipe is actually just the ingredients. We always have them for Thanksgiving.

1 can of Pumpkin (the 16 oz cans)
4 egg whites
1 cup of applesauce
2 cups of sugar
4 teaspoons of baking powder
4 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of salt dissolved in 1 teaspoon of soy milk
1 pkg of semi-sweet chocolate bits (mini's work well or dairy free chips)***

Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate together till well combined. Add chocolate. Drop spoon fulls on to a sprayed cookie sheet.

Bake 375 for 8 to 10 minutes

-------------
NOTES:

*** Member 'torbetta' subsequently suggested using chopped crystalized ginger in place of the chocolate bits, and Heather thought this was a great idea.

You can even leave the chocolate or ginger bits out entirely, and the cookies are still great! I think some finely chopped nuts would be good in this cookie as well. Use what you personally can tolerate and enjoy.

--------------------
Senior female, IBS-D, presently stable thanks to Heather & Staff

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4977

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review