All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
enemas?
      #50256 - 03/13/04 01:09 PM
capulet

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Memphis area

On the first day of my period, I have horribly painful bowel movements. Not diarrhea, but just soft bowel movements that make me cramp and seem to take forever. I also have awful, embarrassing gas. Do you think it would help if I used an enema the night before the onset of my period? The idea is gross, but I wonder if it might help. Sorry so gross...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: enemas? new
      #50268 - 03/13/04 02:37 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi there, I have not heard any good things about taking an enema. You would just throw your colon into spasms even more. I would try to really watch what you eat the day before your period and try loading up on peppermint tea, peppermint caps and anything else you can think of to make your stomach feel better when you get your period. I also get stomach aches close to my period. I just started piggy-backing my BC pills so now I only get my period about every 6 or 7 weeks. I just take 2 packs in a row. It's made my life a lot easier and I can make more plans knowing my period and cramps aren't going to interfere with whatever I'm doing.

Re: enemas? new
      #50299 - 03/13/04 06:58 PM
capulet

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Memphis area

Thanks, Debby. Is it safe to piggyback pills like that? I guess that's what that new pill, Seasonale, does.

Cap

birth control pills new
      #50696 - 03/15/04 09:38 AM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi again, I started doing it on my own after watching something on Dateline or 20/20 about birth control pills. I did talk to my doctor and told him I had been doing that and he said that was fine. I would recommend talking to yours if you are interested. I wish I would of done it sooner and just started this about 6 mos ago. Sometimes I get breakthrough bleeding but other than that I'm pretty happy with piggy backing these pills.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1181 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1320

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review