All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia v/s Bebefiber
      #49783 - 03/11/04 03:27 PM
sss

Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: North Carolina

What is the difference as far as bloating? Can I buy Acacia at a Nutrition store? Also, I bought Fennel Seed today, But it came in capsule form, did I get the right thing?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Acacia v/s Bebefiber new
      #49789 - 03/11/04 04:00 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hello, I think there are some people on this website that will prefer one fiber over another for their own personal reasons. Some can tolerate and do well with Acacia and some really like the Benefiber. I do get the bloating with Acacia but it's not a big complaint with me and I can tolerate that side affect just fine - especially when my stomach has been feeling so much better. I have not seen the Acacia in stores. But I have noticed how reasonable Heather's prices are compared to other things sold in stores like Peppermint Tea. Buying it loose saves a bundle! As for the Fennel Seed, not sure if you were looking to use that to swallow or to make into a tea? What do the directions on the bottle say? Anything about how to take it? I've only seen Fennel Seeds loose. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

#49792 - 03/11/04 04:13 PM
sss

The Fennel Seed directions say to take one a day... I did want to put it in tea simply because someone said it would reduce bloating. If that's the case the capsule will not work.

#49793 - 03/11/04 04:15 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hmm, maybe the fennel capsule will dissolve in your stomach and then it will work. It sounds interesting since I dont like the taste of fennel. The capsule would avoid that. Give it a try? Fennel seeds are okay to eat right?

#49795 - 03/11/04 04:22 PM
sss

Thank you, I'll try to Fennel Seed capsule. Since I can get the Benefiber in stores i'll try that before ordering the Acacia. I'm really tired of looking pregnant when i'm only 5'4" and 120lbs.

#49813 - 03/11/04 05:43 PM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

I am writing to commiserate with you. Were about the same size (5'3" and 107 lbs) and I feel like I am totally pregnant. My stomach is hard and sticks out like I got a bun in the oven and I hate it! I am trying to fix my problem too, I am taking FiberCon pills, and Citrucel powder, cuz the benefiber didn't help me. But they are all different for different people. I tried to get on Zelnorm, but after hearing very mixed things, I decided that 2 pills a day at 3 bucks a pill, probably wasnt worth it. If it worked wonders I'd be in like flynn. Let me know if anything works for you. Im going to whole foods tonight to get a tea someone suggested for me, it has peppermint and fennel. Hopefully that will help. Everyone suggest GasEx, but doesn't seem to do too much for my bloated belly!

#49824 - 03/11/04 07:25 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI; I believe that acacia is heather's own brand of suplement that she found and/or produced.

#49872 - 03/12/04 03:00 AM
sss

i've been on zelnorm for 11 days, it seems to be working.my problem is constipation not D. the zelnorm hasn't bothered me in any bad way so far. I read that the fennel seed helps with bloating, i'm going to try that too. good luck.

I can relate new
      #51334 - 03/17/04 06:25 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm feeling for ya!! I am almost exactly the same. I am about 5'4" and 120 lbs. I too have felt bloated and pregnant for too long now! I just started my first dose of Benefiber this morning. I'll let you know how I feel. Keep me updated on how it works for you.

I'm hoping it will regualte me and help this bloating go away! I haven't tried the fennel pills but I am curious to see how well they work. I almost bought some the other day. I have tried the tea, I think it mainly helps me feel relaxed and not think about my bloated tummy.

Best of luck. Let me know how you are doing.

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2307 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2756

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review