All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Balancing IBS & A Hectic Life
      #4893 - 04/02/03 06:50 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Any suggestions on how to balance life with IBS? What do you do when you have bad flareups and you know that you need rest, but you can't take off work every day. I know that my body needs rest but I can not risk losing my job, and I have classes two nights a week. I am physically worn out, and need a solution.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Balancing IBS & A Hectic Life new
      #4900 - 04/02/03 07:23 AM
britsarah

Reged: 02/16/03
Loc: United Kingdom

I was having really bad attacks a couple of years ago, stuck in a cycle of every few days. The doctor said I needed to rest, and when I thought about it, I was holding down 2 jobs, finishing one at 3.30pm, trying to sort out the kids and eat then be at the other for 5pm. I just couldn't carry on even though financially I needed to, so I gave up my evening job and it made such a difference. I decided that in the end, my health was more important and I was having loads of time off sick anyway.
I know that it's not always that easy, and you need to keep your job, but maybe on the nights you're not out at your classes, make sure you get plenty of you time to relax. If things get really bad, could your classes be put off until next semester?
Another thing I found that helped is listening to my body and being more aware about the ibs. Now if I'm feeling just a bit unwell, I don't push on with what I was going to do, then I feel more in control to deal with situations.
Hope this helps,
Sarah

--------------------
Sarah

Looking for inspiration...

#4908 - 04/02/03 08:57 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

Yeah, I know the feeling about working two jobs, I am actually getting ready to get job #2 after I am finished with classes. Which I am sure will be a big mistake. But I am getting married in November and need money for the wedding. ALthough I may have to rethink that. But thanks!

#4911 - 04/02/03 09:14 AM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I have trouble with Insomnia. I don't necessarily have problems sleeping but it's falling asleep that keeps me unrested. I don't get enough sleep everynight. I usualy try to sleep as much as I can on the weekends and relax on the weekends. I also listen to some hypnosis tapes I have for weight loss. They relax me a great deal. I do know when I'm flaring up constantly that I sometimes have to go in late so I can get some additional sleep. Lucky for me my boss is my mother-in-law and she suffers for another GI problem so she is sympathetic. Maybe try some Yoga exercises either for IBS or relaxation. A nice hot bath a couple nights a week may work for relaxing and feeling rested.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 495

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review