All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Nausea
      #4882 - 04/02/03 03:27 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

Hi guys. Lately I"m feeling quite nauseas and more frequently than I have before. Is this always common with Ibs? I can't track it relating to a particular food - but it usually happens towards the end of the day, after work, but before bedtime.

ANyway - just wanted to know if anyone else suffers this.

I've been taking ginger tabs which do settle the stomach after a while, but I just don't understand why it's suddenly got worse?????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea new
      #4885 - 04/02/03 05:10 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Yup. I had lots of nausea on the onset of IBS. I still get it sometimes, and I can't really link it to anything either - other than eating something I shouldn't have. I like ginger tea and peppermint also works for me, too. Just another lovely symptom we get with IBS.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#4896 - 04/02/03 07:03 AM
Stacey_Wikle1

Reged: 02/03/03
Loc: Kentucky

I get nausea all the time, and sometimes for no reason at all. I will be sitting at my desk or driving and I all of a sudden get nauseaous. Some times I can go for awhile with out it, and other times it is like never ending. My doctor has prescribed a drug called Phenergen for the nausea. Which it does help, but causes big time drowsiness. I have also found that if you are at home when this happens I lay down with an ice bag on the back of my neck. And just try to relax for a few minutes. Hope that helps!

#4909 - 04/02/03 09:00 AM
Chris

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Kansas

I get Nausea all the the time, it is the worst at night before I go to bed. I found somthing called Cola syrup that works great.

#4912 - 04/02/03 09:29 AM
paintlady

Reged: 02/10/03
Loc: Columbia, CA

Wow, haven't thought of cola syup for years.
When I was about 12yrs had a awful bout with stomach flu, threw up so much was down to just the dry heaves (horrible).
The doctor suggested getting cola syrup. My Dad went all over town to find it, he was able to buy some from a fast food restaurant. I took it one Tablespoon at a time. It did the trick. I think you can find it at drugstore now.
Paintlady

#4921 - 04/02/03 11:37 AM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

that is strange nausea is one of the problems I don't have!

Re: Nausea - check on that new
      #4968 - 04/02/03 09:42 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi,
Nausea can also be a sign of upper GI problems such as Gastritis. I suffer from that and my doctor has prescribed me nexium which seems to be helping. I do find that when the IBS is good so is the gastritis though so I think they are both stress related at times.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#4971 - 04/03/03 03:28 AM
tlc

THanks so much for your comments and support. The ginger tablets usually work, though they didn't last night. I might check out the chemist to find the cola syrup. I'm not sure why it happens, but as someone else said - it comes in waves, usually at night and is quite frequent lately. I am a little worrysome at the moment, but don't know if that's it.

I don't understand what the difference between gastritis and ibs d is. I read some of the gastritus posts but still dn't know if I actually have it. I"ve had the endocsopy and colonoscopy and the doc said ibs and acid reflux - and mentioned my stomach looked like it was suffering from gravel rash (whatever that means!)

#5033 - 04/03/03 04:05 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Gastritis is upper GI tract whereas IBS affects lower GI tract.

If your doctor found stomach problems and acid reflux I think that could be causing your nausea it certainly gives me grief at times.

I would see him again or even your GP mention his findings and the nausea. There are quite a few drugs for treating it that won't upset the IBS.

let us know how you go.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#5104 - 04/04/03 06:26 AM
tlc

Thanks - I've been taking the herbal ginger tablets and at times they do help. Is there anything else people take for it?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6699 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3877

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review