All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
here's another story for ya.. new
      #80941 - 06/18/04 07:38 PM
Allisonmary

Reged: 01/03/04

I love hearing all ur stories!! WEll, my IBS is always worse in the morning, so I know that I have to get up earlier before my morning run to do my thing. I can always tell when I am not quite ready to leave the house.. and this morning my stomach was definetley not up for running. But, I knew I would be busy all day and I was determined to get in my run before I had to go out. SO I took the drive to the park, got out and felt as if I had firecrackers in my tummy. However, that did not stop me! I ran and ran through the pain, listening to MAdonna as I tried to get my mind off of stoamch! Well it worked for the first 3 or 4 miles, until I couldnt take it anymore. My stomach was going to explode! The only problem was that I was in the middle of the woods. Well, because Im so in touch with nature, I went there right in the middle of the woods. I actually thought I saw someone looking at me, but thankfully it was a deer. It was not a pretty site...and I had to drag myself 4 miles back to my car in extreme pain! ANd it was my birthday I couldnt eat the rest of the day, not even my bday cake:( WEll, I guess it could of been worse:)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That walk new
      #80961 - 06/18/04 09:06 PM
Evan

Reged: 04/03/04

Here in Los Angeles- it's not often so much "that walk" as "the drive". AS in- oh my gosh- I hope I make every red light and there isn't an accident up ahead and I can find the keys to the house in time.

Once as I was leaving a very, very fancy French restaurant (BTW- never go out for Frendch food), as we're pulling out of the driveway of the place, I turn to my friend and say- drive as fast as you can and don't stop....I made a 25 minute drive in 16 minutes breathing deeply the whole way becoming increasingly and cold and sweaty- it's good to know we've all been there....and it's good to be able to put your foot on the gas when you have to.

Re: When do attacks occur? new
      #260871 - 05/01/06 03:44 PM
Priscilla

Reged: 04/21/06

I carried Immodium AD around for years. The liquid worked fast so that is what I had. At the first cramp, I would take that.

Years ago, I was on Lomotal. But then a Dr. told me the immonium AD worked just as well. Keep it on hand when you eat out. Taking it before eating helps too.

Many a time I had to also make a dash to the bathroom for a good while until it was all over.

#260873 - 05/01/06 03:52 PM
Priscilla

Melissa, I have suffered from IBS for over 40 years and along the way, I found out I was allergic to Cottonseed oil.

So I have to read the ingredients on everything I buy. My thoughts are people are allergic to certain foods and it is very hard to find out just what.

You have to write down what each meal consists of. Then when you have an attack, keep that one to check out when the next one occurs. Then mabe you can pick out just what part of the meal matched the one you kept a log on. If you keep doing this, you probably will find the one food or two that is trigering your attacks.

I had ice cream at home years ago, and within an hour, I was deathly sick, severe cramps, broke out in cold sweats and then vomiting. Turned out to be Cottonseed Oil for me.

#260876 - 05/01/06 03:56 PM
Priscilla

Laurasue, keep immodium AD liquid on hand. Take it before you eat out and it will keep you from having a severe attack.

I am going to try some of Heathers peppermint teas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 643 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23016

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review