All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Good News-H2 new
      #5303 - 04/07/03 10:05 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Hi! Was last week your first class? If so, how did it go? I was wondering how you made out.

Mags

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#5304 - 04/07/03 10:28 AM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

Mags,

Thanks for asking! The first class was last Thursday and it went pretty well. I was concerned at first because many members of our small class were able to sense or feel the reiki energy, but I didn't feel anything. I have a hard time believing in anything I can't see or sense, so I stayed after to talk to the instructor. He told me it was perfectly normal not to feel anything at first, and that as I use it I will become more attuned to it.

I just have to keep faith and keep practicing. He did help my abdominal pain, and was able to stop another woman's asthma during the class.

I have noticed as I'm practicing that my hands tend to heat up quite a bit, I am taking that as a sign of progress!

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#5335 - 04/07/03 02:57 PM
*Melissa*

Wow! That's so cool! How long does one class take? You only have 2 more, right? How did you even find out about the class? Sorry about all the questions...that stuff just fascinates me.

#5338 - 04/07/03 03:18 PM
H2

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Ohio

It was the weirdest thing - I have been getting a flyer every few months from the health food store. Most of the time I don't even open it, it goes straight to the recycle bin. This time I did open it, and it had a listing of classes... astrology, yoga, etc. I saw the Reiki was for healing and had a free introduction, so I thought, what the heck, might as well try.

This instructor has Reiki 1 set up as three 3-hour classes, although he said the last class will be short. Where are you located? I can ask the instructor on Thursday if he knows of any resources in your area...

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Re: Good News - Stinky the dog... new
      #5347 - 04/07/03 04:40 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Laurie - when I was a kid, a long, long time ago, we had a little Welsh Corgi named Stinky. Her real name was Beauty, but, you can guess why she got her nickname!!!

I also share the bathroom phobia with you and Mags. I don't mind going "#1", but feel funny about "#2". But, if you think about it, nobody knows who you are because there are doors on the stalls. So, unless the other person has a shoe fetish and looks at shoes of his/her coworkers, they won't know who you are...right!? It works better in a public rest room, like the movies, etc.!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Re: Good News new
      #5350 - 04/07/03 04:49 PM
SharonMello

Mags - whenever I mention IBS to anyone, they don't know what it is. I try to explain and when someone tells me they can't eat this or that because of this or that, I think they have IBS but are in denial and don't even know it. My sister-in-law told me that she can't eat eggplant parmesan because the seeds give her D, but yet she eats fried eggplant and that doesn't bother her...WHAT???? She didn't want to listen to what I was telling her about IBS and kept reading the newspaper. Oh, well...

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#5352 - 04/07/03 04:52 PM
SharonMello

Mags - You mean you didn't look it up on the internet???
Sassy Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#5353 - 04/07/03 05:00 PM
SharonMello

Angela - I had my gall bladder out about 4 years ago and I'm C!! Guess it all depends, doesn't it??

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon

#5372 - 04/07/03 06:53 PM
*Melissa*

Hardy har har, smart aleck! LOL

I thought about it, but I don't know why I didn't. Just lazy that day I guess....

#5376 - 04/07/03 07:06 PM
*Melissa*

Thank you, thank you! That would be great. I'm in NJ, in Delran (around Cherry Hill/Philly area). I have to admit, I don't even know how to find a yoga class in my area. I don't know if they are at the gym (I did a gym once a long time ago--don't do them anymore!) or you just kind of look it up in the phone book. I don't know anyone else who does it. Are the Reiki classes expensive?

Hey, I checked out your website earlier (from your picture post). It's really cool! I loved the part about the cat blocking your monitor! LOL I didn't know you designed web pages. I started doing a little on my own recently--nothing major, just our rinky dink intranet at work. My boyfriend & my friend keep trying to talk me into going to school for it. Who know if I'll ever be able to do that....maybe one day.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2157 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6728

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review