All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Good News new
      #4918 - 04/02/03 10:39 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I wish my boyfriend didn't mind me driving. He can't stand getting in my car. He calls it the sardine can! LOL And I don't like driving his truck. But, I do feel more in control when I'm driving.

Good luck with your neighbor. Let us know how you make out.

Mags

PS: What's Reiki class?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#4919 - 04/02/03 10:50 AM
*Melissa*

At least your supervisor knows. My boss doesn't know. But, I'm lucky that if I tell him I'm not feeling well, he lets me go. I thought about telling him, but it's just kind of a strange situation. (It's a long story!) I asked my boyfriend what he thought about me telling my boss (he knows him also) & he didn't think I should. I just feel guilty leaving sometimes so I thought I should let him know, but I've never had a problem having to leave. One time it was during a very important day, and he didn't even mind then. Luckily, it's not that often. The last time I had to leave was back in Jan., and I can't remember the time before that. Maybe last summer? I try to suffer it out at work if I can so I can save it for if I REALLY have to leave.

But it does feel good letting people know. For a few years, the only people that knew was my mom, my boyfriend, & my best friend. I just told my dad in December. I'm gradually telling more people. It's hard, but I think it gets a little easier each time.

#4945 - 04/02/03 02:23 PM
Laurie

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Houston, TX

I leave a little early often because there is a stretch on my ride home with NOWHERE to stop and it can send me into a panic when I'm flaring up. Yes I am lucky that she knows. The owner of our company another V.P. knows, as well as most of my coworkers. I tried the whole I can't eat that because I have food allergies and excuses but for some reason that just got more questions. I find when you tell people you have IBS-D they tend to shut up, ask good questions, have it themselves, or know someone who has it. Mine is often triggered by my anxiety so one Saturday my neice needed someone to take her to her softball tournament. It was me and only me as her option, so my sister asked if she could tell the team mom and another mom incase I had to disappear. I did OK that day and I think it's because there wasn't so much stress to not have a problem. I don't tell everyone though, and some people still don't get it when I do tell them.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#4947 - 04/02/03 02:25 PM
Laurie

Loc: Houston, TX

The only thing I hate about driving is when I'm having cramps and urgency and trying to drive. I own a car with a stick and sometimes it gets kinda hard when there is a problem. Usually though I'm ok if hubby, my mom, or sis drive because I tell them I got to go NOW and they punch it or they leave then. I tell my Mom it is starting and she's out the door before me.

--------------------
Laurie

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission - Eleanor Roosevelt

#4949 - 04/02/03 03:36 PM
*Melissa*

I own a car with a stick also, but it's never gotten in the way for me. I'd rather be the one driving, because I feel like I'm doing SOMETHING. But I always manage to get stuck behind someone that's got to drive 10 miles below the speed limit or something. Not to mention catch EVERY stinking red light. And we've got way too many of those in NJ!

#4959 - 04/02/03 05:01 PM
H2

Loc: Ohio

Reiki is an eastern relaxation practice, and some people claim it has healing powers as well. I am a natural skeptic and just went to the introduction class on a whim. The instructor did a demonstration on me, and then asked if I was having trouble in my lower abdominal area, and I hadn't even said that I was sick at all!

So, I thought what the heck, I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how it goes. It is Thursday nights and goes for 3 weeks.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

#4960 - 04/02/03 05:15 PM
*Melissa*

Neat! Definitely let me know how it goes!

#4981 - 04/03/03 06:58 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I always drive too - it seems to take your mind off of it - whereas if someone else is driving you work yourself up more because you are thinking STEP ON IT!!!!!!

Nothing worse than trying to get home in time for an attack! Once I was on the road about 3 hours from home and a gas station about every hour away....and I was needing one about every 15 minutes down the higway...so at one stop I bought a package of toilet paper and told myself that way I can go anytime I need to. Amazingly - I never had to go again! I think it's because I just knew I could!

Lana_Marie

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#4988 - 04/03/03 08:50 AM
H2

Loc: Ohio

I usually travel with a roll in the back myself. Haven't needed to use it yet, but I like having it around just in case.

It embarrassed my husband when we had guests in the car with us, but one of the travelers said he does the same thing because tp is cheaper than kleenex.

--------------------
-h2
"Soluble fiber not included."

Driving new
      #5070 - 04/03/03 09:13 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Sort of funny about the driving -- I'm the exact opposite. I actually prefer to have other people drive, I assume it has something to do with the stress of trying to weave in and out of traffic. When I'm not I can just chill out in the passenger seat until we get to where we're going.

Still don't like longish trips (1+ hrs) though, especially if I don't know where I'm going. I'm working on it though...

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4846 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review