All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
ground fennel seeds?
      #45994 - 02/21/04 12:04 PM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

I was reading about fiber supplements in a book I have and it suggested that ground fennel seeds could be used as a fiber supplement. I hate the tea and can't drink it, but thought if I ground some up and took it with my psyllium it might help with gas. Anyone tried this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ground fennel seeds? new
      #46010 - 02/21/04 06:14 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I was wondering if you knew that psyllium can cause severe gas? I used to take it and it was torture. Maybe most of your gas is from that. I think grounded up fennel is fine to take with a fiber suplement. I hate fennel but I eat them and make tea with them since they help. I have no choice but to have them. Acacia fiber is good for gas. I started taking it weeks ago. Dill tea helps gas too.

#46015 - 02/21/04 07:09 PM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

Hi Angel, Thanks for your reply.
I'm giving the psyllium a try b/c I'm REALLY on a restricted budget, and paying for the shipping etc on the acacia seemed like alot. I was doing great on the psyllium until my doc told me to up the dosage, and also I aways get bad gas with PMS etc anyway so it's hard to tell what the culprit is! I will, for sure, order the acacia if this doesn't go away in a week or two. Did you notice an immediate difference with the acacia, is it really that much better than psyllium?
Laura

#46115 - 02/22/04 05:54 PM
till

Reged: 02/11/03

I noticed a difference the first day I started taking it and I have severe gas. Pms makes my gas worse to and all my other severe symtoms. I get severe periods so it's hell. I also take beano for gas, probiotics, cinnamon, crystallized ginger, Altoids, peppermint tea, ginger tea, and I exercise. They all help. I have severe gas pains, cramps, fullness, bloating and pressure so it's really bad. Acacia fiber is expensive but I have no choice but to take it since it helps and I need all the help I can get. I take so many things for my IBS so it's really exspensive to have severe IBS. I wish I was rich.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1668 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 571

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review