All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Very Happy
      #45468 - 02/17/04 08:12 PM
fressy

Reged: 02/11/04
Loc: MO

I have only been on this eating plan for a week and I am now able to fit back into my size 4's which I haven't been able to fit in for almost 3 months because of my constant swelling! Sigh...it's a wonderful feeling. I am feeling so much better. My workout instructer has ibs too and she told me that she takes 4 fibercon plus 2 stool softners everyday and it has helped her. I started doing that too and I have gone from having a bm maybe once a week to having one pretty much every day.

I kinda messed up today, though. I had to make this cake for dinner and the icing is made out of cool whip and I helped myself to a lil bit of it And there were a few other lil mistakes that I made and I'm kinda starting to feel them. O well, I'll live:)

Just thought I would give that good report. I am really excited about it! The Lord has been really good to me through it all and I am so thankful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Happy for you, too, fressy new
      #45475 - 02/17/04 08:58 PM
MissS

Well, I'm very happy for you, too, fressy. I've only been on the diet for a little over a week or so, and I feel so much better, too. I just am amazed by this! I have to make my daughter a cake tomorrow for her 23rd birthday, so I'm definitely gonna be tested to see if I can keep that spoon away from my watering mouth! But, I feel so much better, that I think that'll help me avoid it! (crossing fingers!) I've been using benefiber, and it's really helping me. I'll keep that in mind about the stool softeners, though. Any particular kind?

Re: Happy for you, too, fressy new
      #45476 - 02/17/04 09:33 PM
fressy

Loc: MO

Lol..well, good luck on trying not to snitch any bites of batter or icing. I am kinda regreting it right now!

I just use the Equate brand. It has really worked wonders. I was on Metamucil for a while but Fibercon and the stool softners are the way to go... at least for me:)

Happy new
      #45483 - 02/18/04 03:00 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey, that's cool to hear. It's so nice to hear of newbies stabilising.

With cake - try making something IBS safe. They're really nice, I promise. I'm addicted to Anti-depressant brownies, as are my (fussy-eater) housemates, so I'd try these first. All on the Recipe Index.

Re: Happy new
      #45490 - 02/18/04 04:14 AM
MissS

I'm very anxious to try the brownies. When I first came on the boards here, I was in misery, but now that things are so much better; I'm getting my craving back for chocolate; especially BROWNIES!! MMMM, I can hardly wait!!

Enjoy! - nt new
      #45492 - 02/18/04 04:33 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Very Happy new
      #45503 - 02/18/04 07:25 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Congrats, fressy! I'm so glad to hear that you're noticing improvement already!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1683 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1031

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review