Reged: 02/07/04

I

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: *CRISIS* HELP *CRISIS* new
      #45210 - 02/16/04 01:31 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Oh gosh, you poor thing. You sound so down and understandably so. Do you have the support of family or friends? It sounds like you need a good shoulder to cry on. Honestly sometimes you need to do that before you can dust yourself off and carry on.

I'm not a Doctor so I don't know what the options for treatment for a bowel blockage are but I would hope there was a way that didn't involve laxatives. If you are not happy I would most definately seek a second opinion.

As for the D when you have a blockage I seem to remember reading somewhere in one of Heather's books that if you have a back up of faeces you can get D because the faecal matter is so hard etc that it doesn't absorb the water properly which goes past and causes the D.

Are you on SF supps?

Please let us know how you are going and know that you will get heaps of support here. You are not alone!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#45211 - 02/16/04 01:35 PM
Lyndeigh

Kerrie,
I really dont have that much support from my parents, and i cant get a second opinion, because I am being forced to take the fleet soda TONIGHT. I have some opinions on my own (like hard vegetable fiber wont HELP my D) but my parents wont listen, they only listen to my doctor. I am so sad. Thank you for caring, at least Im not alone

{{BIG HUGS}} new
      #45212 - 02/16/04 01:40 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You will be ok.... just take some deep breaths and try to relax... MANY of us been there and feel your pain. REALLY!!

The reason your still having D is because the liquid more then likely is still able to go around your stool....thus causing even more pain and cramping.

Just drink those fleets drinks as told by your doctor and let them do their thing.....

Let us know how it comes out....and trust me it will....

Try going for a short walk if you can.... drink some peppermint tea if you have any.... and use a heating pad or hot water bottle to relax.

We are all here for you and will be here to support you....

Just keep us informed and we will help the best way we can....everyone is a little different in how their bodies respond.... but it will be ok....

I'll be thinking of you! {{BIG HUGS}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#45213 - 02/16/04 01:47 PM
Shell Marr

Maybe you can have your parents read this section, or you can print it off for them and just let them know that you have been doing some research on your own. It can't hurt to try.....

http://www.helpforibs.com/supplements/

--------------------

#45230 - 02/16/04 03:06 PM
Lyndeigh

Hey everyone, I just found out that I dont have to drink that fleet soda stuff, I just to use a fleet enema! Which is a BIG TIME relief for me. Now the only question is am i gonna get that thing in me? lol

#45234 - 02/16/04 03:26 PM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Hi Lyndeigh. Hang in there, girl. You'll make it thru this and probably feel much better after it's all out of your system. After that, you need to start following the advice from this site and I think we can help you get your IBS-D under control without the permanent use of laxatives. How old are you? You must still be living at home under your parents care?? If you could show them this site and have them sit and read as much as possible, it might help. I as a parent can attest to the fact that we like to think our Doctor knows what's best for our children (or ourselves) and we will try to follow their advice. I know as an adult, I followed my dr. advice for a long time. I finally stumbled on this site all on my own and took control of my IBS from Heather's books and this site. Much of this information actually goes against what my dr. told me to do. So, I can understand your parents attitude. Try hard to get them to visit us here and ask ?? of us. We'll be glad to help them, (and you) however possible. We have tons of experience between us all for you and your parents to draw on! Get thru the Fleet enema now and start talking to your parents. You can always do many of things listed on this site on your own too. At least enough that it might help you somewhat, while you are talking with your parents. Good luck, Lyndeigh! We're thinking of you and know you can get thru this minor roadblock! Keep your chin up! And, keep talking to us!

#45241 - 02/16/04 04:17 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hey everyone, I just found out that I dont have to drink that fleet soda stuff, I just to use a fleet enema! Which is a BIG TIME relief for me. Now the only question is am i gonna get that thing in me? lol

I was kinda wondering if this fleets soda was new or something....that is great you have humor about the whole thing

Hope you were able to make them work for ya.... keep us posted!

--------------------

#45243 - 02/16/04 04:28 PM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

Lyndeigh,I also was told I was block up,have a knotted twisted colon.I only take Imodium when I go out because they also block me up for two or three days.an yes I still have diarrhea but also constipation.It is very hard to understand.an you are so young so it must be harder.I did take Imodium a lot when I was younger.an honey if I could I would give you lots of hugs an kisses.I,m not very good at putting things in words.but keep your head up high.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

A hug for you! new
      #45247 - 02/16/04 05:19 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Lyndeigh, I hope the enemas help you! They're a good way to clean things out. Keep us posted on how you're doing!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: A hug for you! new
      #45272 - 02/16/04 07:40 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

KREE; i LOVE the cst picure, where did you get it, is the cat yours?

Re: A hug for you! new
      #45311 - 02/17/04 07:10 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

No, I wish it was my kitty! I just found the image on google.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4029 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review