All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
waking up w/tummy tight
      #45169 - 02/16/04 07:04 AM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

I am noticing that on many mornings I am waking up w/my tummy muscles in full gear-tight and ready for a battle. It really hurts and I know it makes my C much worse. I am trying to focus on relaxing it before I get up,but that is a difficult job. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has any suggestions or ideas to share.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: waking up w/tummy tight new
      #45172 - 02/16/04 07:37 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Su. Mornings seem to be the worst time for a lot of people. I guess that's when our bowels seem to be working the most. Personally, I also get a little crampy in the mornings sometimes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because I'm also C and that seems to be the best time for me to have a BM. I usually get up, make some peppermint tea, and have a light breakfast like a piece of toast or quick bread. The tea seems to stimulate my bowels, so I usually have a BM and then feel a lot better. Does your tightness go away after you have a BM? It might just be your body's way of telling you that's when it needs to go. Another thing you can try is taking fiber supplements right before bed to stabalize you. I find that also helps me in the mornings. I hope you get things figured out!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#45222 - 02/16/04 02:39 PM
Su

Reged: 10/04/03
Loc: VA

Thanks Kree.I too usually get up and have pepermint tea(and I add fennel and either orange or lemon tea,yum). It could just be that my body is trying to tell me to get up and head for the bathroom,but it usually takes me an hr. or so to get my stomach muscles to relax. For some reason they get so tense as I sleep.Sometimes I think it is bec. of a bad dream I have had,getting me anxious.I don't know,just wondering.Thanks again

#45248 - 02/16/04 05:21 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

You're welcome. I know what you mean, it usually takes me about an hour to go too. Right now I'm a grad student taking night classes and have the luxury of relaxing in the morning, but I don't know what I'm going to do when I get a teaching job next year and won't be able to devote as much time to my bowels! I guess we all do what we have to do, right?

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#45253 - 02/16/04 05:56 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm not sure if this will help, sweetie, but I would go over to the Yoga board and ask the folks over there if there are some poses you can do at bedtime and in the morning to help relax and stretch out those muscles.
Have a heating pad? Maybe try to put that on first thing when you wake up.
Keep up with the peppermint tea - it will actually help those crampy muscles.
Hope you feel better!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#45270 - 02/16/04 07:35 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI su; DO YOU EXPERIENCE the tightness after a meal is do you get it without having food. I hate a tight stomach, but I usually get it after a meal. Sometines it gets reallt tight if I eat too much. I don't know if it is the same as you or not.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 467 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 889

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review