All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What Is A Typical Day of Food For You All?? D or C.
      #45143 - 02/15/04 08:05 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

Just looking for ideas.....breakfast, lunch, dinner...quickie things in case I don't have time. But I am now officially a breadmaker! HA HA!! YEAH! My MOM even loved the bread, she was definitely impressed.
Thanks!
Luv, Jen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What Is A Typical Day of Food For You All?? D or C. new
      #45168 - 02/16/04 07:02 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Well, I'm new here, but I'd also be very interested in what people eat during the course of a day. I have found that Rice Chex are a really quick, filling snack. Right now I'm pretty much sticking to rice, potatoes, and baked white meat chicken. I've just started adding Benefiber, too. I'm a C right now and I'm trying to get things going. I also have been eating a lettuce salad following a baked potato, every other day. I'm having a hard time putting insoluble fiber back in my diet, because I had such a horrible response to some (I guess that's called "fear")!
What kind of bread did you make?
By the way, nice to meet a fellow Kansan!

Another KS gal here :o) new
      #45174 - 02/16/04 08:24 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I will typically eat a bagel at least once a day -- either for breakfast or lunch. I also eat cocoa krispies (or the knock off bagged brand) with soy milk, oatmeal w/ brown sugar, or grits for breakfast.

For lunch I might eat leftovers, a baked potato with some chicken breast & mushrooms, or maybe some tofu and cooked veggies.... I usually have bread with every meal. If I haven't made some myself -- I buy a loaf or two of French bread at the bakery and just cut a piece and eat it with the meal.

For supper I stick to chicken or fish dishes -- with bread and/or egg free noodles. Then I have a well cooked veggie.

I often make the banana bread for snacks and those anti-depressant brownies for dessert -- as well as the once and a while soy ice cream.

#45208 - 02/16/04 01:20 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I normally go with the oatmeal for breakfast. (we call it porridge here in Aussie land)

Snacks are usually one of Heather's breads. I make heaps and freeze individual slices so that I can grab them out when I need. If I don't have any I grab some pretzels or rice crackers.

Lunches are usually sandwhiches of tuna, chicken or turkey breast usually with some avocado and a litle bit of lettuce, cranberry jelly or fat free mayo.

Dinners I usually have chicken breast or fish with rice or potatoes and small maount of steamed vegies. I love all of the chicken recipes in Heather's books and on this site. Also, I make up safe soups and pasta sauces and freeze them for when I'm in a rush. Nachos are a really quick one to make too.

Desserts - If I'm organised I have Heather's fudge cake (which freezes really well too) or another of her desserts. If not I go with low fat soy ice-cream, soy yoghurt or sorbet.

Hope this helps.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#45268 - 02/16/04 07:29 PM
louise

Reged: 02/05/03
Loc: canada

hI SCULLY: mY DAY starts out with rice porridge, I CAN'T START WITHOUT IT, sometimes half a bagel woth a smidgen of I can't believe it's not butter'. A tad of low fat jelly. orange juice. Lunch is either a tuna or salmon sandwich, and supper varies either pasta or chicken or fish, depending on the menu. On a good day 2-3 glasses of water in between and mint tea at suppertime.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1957 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 727

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review