All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about using medicine for "D", do you think it makes it (m)
      #45126 - 02/15/04 05:07 PM

Unregistered

worse the next day because you stopped it with the medicine? I have a prescribed medicine that really stops it and prevents it and then I take Immodium sometimes. Today I had a bout and hadn't one in awhile (definitely ate so much wrong stuff yesterday!) so I took a immodium. I wonder b/c it stops the D, does that mean that I will go that much more when it wears off or does it just make you regular again? Just curious. I go so much that I wonder if is actually back up from having medicine. Any thoughts?

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about using medicine for "D", do you think it makes it (m) new
      #45130 - 02/15/04 05:31 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Well thats a insight. When I took the Immodium per my Gi doc after 1 week already with pretty bad D, I stopped the D for about 2 days, but had a tummy ache and when it stopped working the worst bout that lasted 2 months. Immodium is suppose to help keep the D under control while your body normalizes itself and not meant to be used for more than two days unless under the advice of a doctor. But again not all meds are the same for everyone, what works for one might not work for others. So if you use it and it works for you go for it. Just be careful of long term use.Remember there are other alternatives than meds, try the natural way first, meds should be your last resort when all else doesn't work.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1395 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 514

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review