All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Real quick question which I hope can be answered before I go to the store:)
      #44966 - 02/14/04 08:17 AM
fressy

Reged: 02/11/04
Loc: MO

Is Nestle cocoa just as fine to use as Hershey cocoa?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Real quick question which I hope can be answered before I go to the store:) new
      #44967 - 02/14/04 08:19 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yes it's fine! Just look at the ingredients to make sure. If it's like the one I get you should be just fine!

--------------------

Re: Real quick question which I hope can be answered before I go to the store:) new
      #44969 - 02/14/04 08:30 AM
fressy

I don't see any ingredient but it just says 100% cocoa?

#44972 - 02/14/04 08:34 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

You should be fine. The cocoa doesn't have the dairy and other ingred. you will find in chocolate chips.

What are you planning to make?

#44974 - 02/14/04 08:40 AM
fressy

Well, really I have just been wanting hot chocolate:) We have to bring something for church on Sunday for lunch and I usally bring a dessert. I am trying to find something that I can eat! Thanks for answering me!

#44998 - 02/14/04 12:41 PM
tanyak

Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Knoxville, TN

Again, I love the Silk Soy Chocolate! It makes a mean cup of hot chocolate! And I AM picky!

--------------------
TANYA

#45006 - 02/14/04 02:26 PM
fressy

yea that sounds really good. I am trying to slowly but surely add Soy milk into what I eat. It is very different tasting but in time I'm sure that it will taste like I have been drinking it for all my life! I haven't tried chocolate yet...I'll have to get some.

#45008 - 02/14/04 02:49 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

Chocolate Soy Milk tastes great. This'll sound odd, but I like putting it on ceral too, kinda like being a kid and having the sugar cerals. It's sweet, but not too sweet. It's good on some cerals but not on others. I don't really like the taste of regular soy milk for drinking, but that on ceral is good as well.

#45038 - 02/14/04 08:44 PM
fressy

I heard that regular Soy taste really bad and i am too chicken to try it. But I really am goin to have to try the Chocolate.

Fressy...(soy milk!!) new
      #45058 - 02/15/04 07:39 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Ya know what...it's really a personal thing! I don't think soy milk is horriable! It also has a lot to do with brand! I like silk soy. The vanilla does taste better than the regular. But you would want the regular for cooking with. I use the vanilla for cereal. Also give a few different brands a try! Even try rice milk. There are so many different brands and kinds. I'm sure you will be able to find something you will like or LOVE!!!

I have tried the silk chocolate milk and it really is good I am also picky when it comes to the soy and rice milk. I love regular milk!!! But now I have to stay away so I'm glad there is something I can sub it with!

Good luck finding your favorite, oh yeah.. do a search on soy milk. There is a lot of posts on this. Everyone has there favorite and the ones they HATE!! So looking around might help you decide what ones to try out and what to pass up!

--------------------

Edited by StephS (02/15/04 07:40 AM)

Re: Fressy...(soy milk!!) new
      #45095 - 02/15/04 12:00 PM
fressy

Lol yea it can be a really personal thing I am drinking soy silk vanilla too. When it comes to baking I'm sure that I won't even taste the plain milk.. It's just that milk used to be my all time favorite thing to drink...and I ate cereal probably more then I should have...hehe I am just saddened by the loss. I have been able to eat a half of bowl of cereal with the Soy milk and then threw the rest away cause it got too gross... But I think that if I just stick with it it will be fine. Is Cinnamon Toast Crunch a no-no for IBS?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8211 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review