Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Excellent Question. I was wondering how everyone felt about this... new
      #45409 - 02/17/04 02:51 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

For me, the D is worse! The C is no big joy, either. With the C, I end up uncomfortable and miserable and exhausted With the D, I end up uncomfortable and miserable and exhausted with the lovely addition of worrying that I won't be making it all the way to the potty in time!

*jen

--------------------

make it 14! i was posting as you wrote that! -nt- new
      #45410 - 02/17/04 02:53 PM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

Why I think C is worse...by Jen new
      #45412 - 02/17/04 02:54 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

C to me is worse because I am predominantly C, and I've had D and for me, at least SOMETHING is coming out, even though I have cramping occasionally. With C, NOTHING -- I mean, NOTHING-- is happening in there. Not to mention the gas that is so horrible I feel awful for my husband and I feel horribly unattractive, and the abdominal bloating which is painful and makes nothing fit! Having the "urge" to go and then just sitting there on the toilet for 20 minutes while nothing happens is very upsetting and frustrating, because your stomach just hurts and you feel sick and you can't do anything to "speed things up". Plus that, you hate eating even when you're starving because it makes you feel WORSE after, like there is an undigested brick in your stomach just fermenting, causing more pain. There's my two cents.

Jen

Re: POLL: Which is worse to you-- D or C? And why. new
      #45500 - 02/18/04 06:49 AM
cymoon

Reged: 01/13/04
Loc: Texas, Houston

I am IBS-C with IBS-D only when I eat that Flatbread chicken sandwich thing at McDonalds. This food item has made me decide IBS-D would be worse than C. I can control the C with fiber supplements and can control the bloating and pain with avoiding those foods that cause me gas or painful spasms.
With C I can go out and eat with friends and not worry about having to make it to a bathroom. I can go to the movies with them afterwards and not spend most of the time in the ladies room.
I think D would be so much more disruptive of my life.

--------------------
"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work." Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

#45502 - 02/18/04 07:10 AM
bz

Reged: 06/18/03
Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Definitely IBS-D. I'm IBS-D and I find it difficult to really eat outside. You always have that fear of not finding a bathroom in time. I know IBS-C is really uncomfortable and painful but that crushing urge with IBS-D makes you not want to eat anything other than plain rice or bread outside.

Re: Why I think C is worse...by Jen new
      #45511 - 02/18/04 08:59 AM
Pamster

Reged: 02/13/04
Loc: WA

I am also going to agree with Jen here. I have been battling IBS-C for years. My first memories were when I was 19 years old (I am 37 now). I was diagnosed with Gastroenteritis (sp?) numerous times until 2 years ago.

I don't know how many times in my life that I prayed for the big D. I ended up hooked on laxatives in order to have a BM. Going 14 days without a BM became somewhat normal in the 90's (hence the laxative addiction). I have 2 sizes of clothes. My normal size 8's and my IBS days size 10's.

I am finally getting it all together (the past year). It took a major lifestyle change. But now, I can go out with friends and not end up with beads of sweat on my forehead and upper lip from the pain of my gut. I don't have to cancel engagements because suddenly my clothes don't fit. I don't need to call in sick, in case my laxatives start working.

#45532 - 02/18/04 10:44 AM
j doe

Reged: 01/07/04
Loc: Ohio

I've mostly had D, but had an episode of C over the weekend, and have had a few before. I prefer C! My D hits me anywhere from 1 to 2 hours after eating, which includes while at work! It is so embarassing to be in the BR for 10-15 minutes, because every time I think I'm done, I'm not. Plus, we all know that IBS smells awful. I am probably paranoid. When I have D, I always get very pale, and co-workers ask me if I'm okay. And the bloating for me is just as bad during D as during C, and painful, and already being overweight and having fertility problems (thanks to PCOS)- looking 6 months pregnant is not my idea of a good time.
I'm sorry, because I know that those suffering with C are just as miserable, but I'd prefer it, if given a choice.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12913

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review