All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Shireen! new
      #44728 - 02/12/04 07:33 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

HI Shireen, Well I haven't had the test done yet. It will be this coming Tuesday the 17th. I'll let you know how it goes!

I know how you feel about being a mom...I feel the same way. I have to pass up fun things to do all the time, because I feel like crap. Or I get really nervious about going somewhere far in fear of an attack. Thats only on the days I really don't feel well. I'm having a hard time even thinking of going on vacation. It makes me nervious. I really hope that I can be diagnosed with something besides IBS...I feel like I'm doing all the right things with no results...that's what makes me wonder if there is something else going on with my body!

Well I hope you get feeling better,we sound like we have a lot in common with the way we feel, I always say if I felt better I would be a lot better mommy! Not that I'm bad..I just lose patients and have no energy!

Well thanks for your post! Send Heather you picture so we can see you face!

Take care! Hope your feeling better!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having and EGD done on Tuesday...getting nervious! new
      #44737 - 02/13/04 02:05 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

I had that done.an like the girls say it is nothing,so don,t worry.they will tell you night,night.an you do go out.fast,really fast.I will be praying for you. Gerry.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Re: One more question... new
      #44738 - 02/13/04 02:12 AM
Gerry10

I got up an walk right out of the hospital.ofcouse I had to put my cloths on first.HaHa.when I had that test done they didn,t even take my jeans off.just my bra,top.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#44739 - 02/13/04 02:28 AM
Gerry10

if you would feel safe from haveing attacks do what I did I put on a Depend panty.I think because I felt safe I was safe.an they don,t care what you wear.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#44740 - 02/13/04 02:38 AM
Gerry10

[The Mid Night Writer]say,s just try to relax,get you a good book,stay warm an do everything they tell you to do the day before,an you will turn out fine.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#44758 - 02/13/04 07:12 AM
StephS

Thanks Gerri! So do you ever get sleep!

Have a good day!

--------------------

#44768 - 02/13/04 07:37 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

StephS,
I've never had the test done, either, but i'm waiting to be approved for insurance; so HOPEFULLY, I will someday be able to learn what is causing my problems, too. I'm very interested to see what you find out and I just wanted to tell you that, even though I'm new here, I really have a connection with you all. Please keep us posted and I'll be thinking of you, too!!
Terri

#44782 - 02/13/04 08:43 AM
StephS

Thank you TeeCee thats very thoughtful! I hope you get your insurance figured out soon. I hate the run around the insurance gives to all of us!

Take care!
Thanks again

--------------------

#44921 - 02/13/04 05:35 PM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

When I had mine done I didn't think it was too bad. The Dr. sprayed the back of my throat quite a bit with some liquid to freeze it. I layed on my left side and he told me to start swallowing as if I was drinking a glass of water. I couldn't feel anything but I was watching the tube go down my throat. I watched the whole procedure which I was totally in awe. The Dr. was looking to see if I had celiac disease. which I didn't. I only gagged when he pulled out the tube. I then went to recovery and waited for about an hour for my throat to unthaw. They made sure I could eat a cracker and sent me on my way. To me there was no pain at all. My throat was a little,little sore but nothing major as for dinner that night I ate pasta . Hope this helps. Take care. Maybe you could call the Dr. office and they can answer your questions to put you at ease. This is what I usually do if I'm not sure what the procedure is. Try not to let it stress you out too much. Have a good relaxing weekend and let us know how it goes. Sue

#44924 - 02/13/04 05:51 PM
Gerry10

I sleep about five hours.off an on.but now are you doing?
know just how you are feeling.I went thru all this testing last year.no fun.but maybe it will help you out.Gerry

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4183

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review