Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
np TeeCee :) nt new
      #44693 - 02/12/04 05:06 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help! Newby who feels lost, confused, and afraid! new
      #44751 - 02/13/04 06:24 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Thanks for the advice. It's VERY helpful. I want to go back to the Dr. asap; and of course, I'd like to have the tests, too! We don't have insurance and it's extremely hard to get good care without it. When I did have insurance, I didn't know I should have tests done. I believed my doctor. So, now I'm learning all these things I never knew. I've applied for insurance, and have to wait to be approved. My husband became disabled 1 1/2 years ago, so money of course, has been tight. In the meantime, I just try to take one day at a time and get through it. Probably like a lot of other people!

#44754 - 02/13/04 07:02 AM
MissS

Well, I can't insist on having tests done. (I tried that day!) I don't have insurance right now, and the dr. said that without it or an ability to pay, they won't do the tests. I'm trying to get insurance, but have to wait to be approved! Thanks for the advice, though, and asap, I will definitely have the tests, including celiac.

Re: soluble fiber foods and fiber! new
      #44759 - 02/13/04 07:14 AM
LauraS

Reged: 01/26/04

Hi Teecee,
I'm on a tight budjet like you and have found that sticking to soluble fiber foods REALLY helped, and it's cheap! And so did the fiber supplements (I take psyllium), but make sure you start slow and increase gradually. Good luck!
Laura

Re: soluble fiber foods and fiber! new
      #44761 - 02/13/04 07:20 AM
MissS

Well, it's nice to meet another financially challenged ibs-er! How slow would you suggest on the fiber? I bought some yesterday, but haven't tried it yet. I'm trying hard to stick to soluble foods. Do you mean just the stuff on the what you can eat, when you can't eat anything else list?

#44766 - 02/13/04 07:27 AM
Heather Fraser

Reged: 01/08/04
Loc: Ohio

I'm new too. I've had IBS-D most of my life (I'm 65). With diet and meds. it's been more or less under control but the last few years it has become severe. I'm looking forward to getting my book too and starting the diet - wish I'd found it earlier in life. My hopes for success are high and I think yours should be too. Everything I have read so far on this IBS site makes a lot of sense. I'm glad the rice helped you.

--------------------
Heather

#44985 - 02/14/04 11:24 AM
MissS

Well, Thanks, Heather, for the positive boost. We all need that, don't we? I did well for that one whole day, but then the next couple of days were back to bloating, gas, and pain. Yuk! But, at least now, we have hope!!!

#44986 - 02/14/04 11:27 AM
MissS

HanSolo,
Thanks for the advice. Asap, I will be sure to ask for the proper tests. Heck, Just any test would beat what I've had so far! Still waiting to hear about insurance; and then I'll be set to go!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 7300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2585

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review