All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
West Soy Vanilla
      #44502 - 02/12/04 06:19 AM
tanyak

Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Knoxville, TN

Hello everyone! I have a ? for you all. I have tried the Silk Soy, pretty darn good. But then I tried the West Soy, WOW! Talk about it tasting like a vanilla milk shake! I noticed it had 14 grams of sugar per cup, Silk has 9 I think. What do you all think about it. I have at least one or two glasses a day. Should I stay with the Silk, or what's the opinion on that...........tootles! Heahter got my picture up for me!

--------------------
TANYA

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: West Soy Vanilla new
      #44544 - 02/12/04 08:33 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi. I'm new to the board. I don't know anything, yet, about soy milk, but you said you have your picture up. Can you tell me how to contact her, to send my picture? Thanks, Terri

#44674 - 02/12/04 03:15 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Tanya - I have no idea what to think about the sugar. I don't think it's a big deal. I guess it all depends on how much sugar you consume overall. You at least you don't have to worry about sugar triggering IBS.

Cute pic, BTW. You seem familiar for some reason...but I can't place it.

TeeCee - If you want to post a pic, here's the info how. web page

#44689 - 02/12/04 04:42 PM
tanyak

I think I am more worried about it triggering my hips!.....and my fanny! ha

--------------------
TANYA

#44745 - 02/13/04 03:54 AM
*Melissa*

Quote:

I think I am more worried about it triggering my hips!.....and my fanny! ha

LOL - I know what you mean. I just started watching my calories this past week. I'd like to lose about 5 lbs, and I'd be happy.

#44787 - 02/13/04 09:26 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Does it say shake on the carton? I don't think the regular soy milk tastes like a shake. I just checked my vanilla West soy lite and it has 10g of sugar. I am sure their shakes have more grams of sugar. I love the chocolate and vanilla kind. They also have smoothies.

#44995 - 02/14/04 12:31 PM
tanyak

I don't know if it said to shake it or not, I just always do, ( I drank it all!).........that's why I don't know! ha....The vanilla is to die for, just a lot of sugar......hips, hips, hips............uggggg, ugggg, ugggg

--------------------
TANYA

Mags, what do you eat?? new
      #45004 - 02/14/04 01:53 PM
Scully30

Reged: 02/01/04
Loc: Overland Park, KS

Seriously....just wondering what a typical day is like for you as far as how you eat for your IBS. (And by the way, you are FULL OF IT! You are not fat. Your pic is awesome! You look tall too, and that helps "stretch things out"!)

Jen

Re: Mags, what do you eat?? new
      #45188 - 02/16/04 11:01 AM
tanyak

I am only 5'4 on a good day, (ha) and I now weight 148! (was 152) I do drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day, and thank you for the compliment on the photo! ha.....I gave up all Dairy, and replaced everythingk with soy/rice stuff. I gave up all meats except white chicken and turkey, and I eat fish and seafood. I gave up all Whole grains/whole wheats. I eat everything else, and I haven't felt this good in 10 years! I read a lot of the message boards, make tons of notes, and cook/saute/steam most vegetables. Some I know I cannot eat.Hope this helps! Oh, and I drink at least one cup a day of hot fennel tea! Need to ask me something else, feel free too!

--------------------
TANYA

Re: Mags, what do you eat?? new
      #45614 - 02/18/04 07:28 PM
*Melissa*

Quote:

Seriously....just wondering what a typical day is like for you as far as how you eat for your IBS. (And by the way, you are FULL OF IT! You are not fat. Your pic is awesome! You look tall too, and that helps "stretch things out"!)

Jen

Hey Jen! Just came across this - sorry for the delay.

Here's a typical day for me, actually what I ate today:

Fiber cocktail (Citrucel Clear Mix - gotta count it, because it has 37 calories! lol)
Rice Krispies w/ light vanilla soy milk & chopped strawberries.
peppermint/fennel tea
emperor's choice tea
applesauce cup
grahams
Wrap w/ grilled chicken, some lettuce, and a smidgen of hot pepper relish.
Tazo honeybush tea (my new tea I tried this week! yummy!)
soy yogurt
watermelon jolly rancher
Another Fiber cocktail
Heather's orange-glazed chicken w/ carrots, mushrooms, onions (or something like that)
superpretzel
iced herbal tea
And water, water, water throughout the day.

I think that was everything for today. Aren't you glad you asked!

BTW - thanks for the compliment! Actually, I don't think I look fat, but if I start to gain, I feel slightly uncomfortable. I know it's not noticeable, I can just feel it. That's why I only wanted to lose about 5 lbs. Actually, I weighed myself on Sunday, and I lost 3 lbs last week! Woo-hoo! Oh yeah - and that pic is from last spring, before I put the 5 lbs on.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review