All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
HanSolo??
      #44180 - 02/10/04 02:38 PM

Unregistered

I read about your previous post about eating only dark chocolate. I was told that dark chocolate was a laxative?!? As for eating chocolate did you say you eat solid chocolate and not powder? (Sorry I couldn't find the post again.) I thought it was only okay to have powdered chocolate and carob not solid?
How does the chocolate affect you? I given some thought to changing but from what I heard I was to nervous to change.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: HanSolo?? new
      #44217 - 02/10/04 06:23 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hi, Robin. Sorry for the confusion. My only excuse is I am a die hard chocoholic. I can tolerate a small piece or two after a safe meal. I prefer dark chocolate over the others, but I'll eat any chocolate I can get my hands on!

Yes, it is safer to bake with cocoa powder than to eat solid chocolate. Solid has milk and tons of fat in it and is therefore a trigger. The powder is fat free practically and doesn't contain dairy. Stick to the powder with baking - try TessLOuises antidepressant brownies, and Heather's peppermint fudge cake. They're amazing. Try a small piece of solid chocolate after a safe meal (like a Hershey's kiss or a piece of a bar)

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Thanks! -NT- new
      #44723 - 02/12/04 07:00 PM

Unregistered

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1939 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review