All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Home - results of scopes
      #4051 - 03/25/03 10:40 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I had the colonoscopy and ECG (from the mouth, down) this morning. I have to agree with you all that the worst part was yesterday drinking that awful stuff and then last night just emptying everything. Today wasn't bad at all, I don't remember much of anything. I have some tenative answers! First, he removed 2 polyps from my colon and those are, of course, being biopsied. Also, my colon, instead of having the 3 main turns in it as it should, has about 6 and is shaped more like a pretzel, apparently made the scope very hard to do and is certainly contributing to my ongoing constipation. We have a follow up appt after the biopsies come back and I'm sure he'll have some suggestions for me as to what to do about that. Most enlightening, however, is that the upper scope revealed that I have an area of my stomach that is very red, inflamed, irritated... thus the pain!! And the loss of appetite, hence the weight loss, you get the picture. They took part of that to biopsy, too, it is possibly an infection of some kind - he said it was not an ulcer, just calling it "gastritis" for now. SO... I am looking forward to going to see him again and firm up some of this stuff with the lab results, too. I still believe this diet is of great help to me, and no matter what they tell me about IBS I will stick around here because the info and support is so good! Thanks so much for the prayers and kind words!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Home - results of scopes new
      #4054 - 03/25/03 10:57 AM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Glad to hear all went well with the test. Now it is just the wait to see the results. I also have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. We wonder why we have IBS

#4066 - 03/25/03 01:43 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Michelle -

BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!!!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#4078 - 03/25/03 04:43 PM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

Howdy there Michelle! Im so glad your colonoscopy went well. Its sorta funny that your colon looks like a pretzels. I reckon my colon looks much like a upside down rollercoaster I hope the irritated area in your stomach isnt anything serious, when i had the upper endoscopy done, my gastro said i had so much stomach acid, the acid was literally eating away at my esophageous and that it was very irritated. she put me on prevacid, and although it sometimes makes my ibs worse, it sure as heavens works!

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#4086 - 03/25/03 05:54 PM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

what a relief for you!!! My doctor discovered Gastritis a year ago and put me on nexium. I took it a good six months before feeling better. Since Christmas I've gained 10 pounds of the 17 I lost. Once you gain some of your weight back you will have more energy. Promise you that!!!

#4098 - 03/25/03 08:26 PM
sperry_twiggins

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Beautiful Pacific Northwest

It is always so nice to hear about a good doctor and clear answers on this board. So much of our lives are just big question marks when it comes to our digestive systems. Thanks for sharing your good(?) news. It is inspiring.

#4101 - 03/25/03 09:57 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

i have a really long colon that's shaped funny, too. it's cuz it doesn't have enough room to be "normally" shaped... it's kind of "scrunched" in there.

my doctor said this isn't particularly uncommon and isn't anything to worry about. what did your doctor say about it? i can't imagine that this abnormality has NOTHING to do with how my colon functions...

beth

Re: Barbara - Nexium new
      #4102 - 03/25/03 10:09 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi Barbara,

I too suffer from gastritis as well as IBS. I was interested to read that you are on Nexium. My doctor just started me on that last week so I would really be interested to hear of your experiences from it. At the moment I am suffering such terrible nausea and can't wait for it to end. please tell me this nexium helps!

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#4121 - 03/26/03 06:41 AM
Lorna

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I was put on Nexium for a while when I first found out I had gastritis, but it did nothing for me. This puzzled my doctor as he was sure it would help, however, we just tried something different and I'm now on Pantoloc. I used to take two a day then I went down to one a day. Now I'm at one every two days. If I forget to take a pill on the second day, the pain in my chest reminds me!

Hopefully Nexium will work for you though. A side-effect of Pantoloc is headaches but I can control the headaches by keeping myself well hydrated.

Hope this helps.

Lorna

--------------------
Lorna

#4124 - 03/26/03 06:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Michelle,

You did it! You had your colonoscopy! I'm SO proud of you!

I'm glad you're on your way to finding out what the problems are so you can begin to work on the solutions! That's exciting! When do you get the results of the biopsy? Please let us know the end results! I wish you all the best!!!!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#4150 - 03/26/03 09:54 AM
BarbaraS

Loc: Wisconsin

I haven't had any side effects from the medicine. It took a good six months before I felt better and my doctor kept reassuring me to stick with the program. At the same time I still hardly ate food. My Father-n-Law has been on Prevacid for ten years and his GERD was severe that his doctor was ready to perform surgery. His medication was his last resort.
All I can say to you stick with a diet that works for you and take your medicine everyday. Typically I don't eat past 5:00 p.m. because my GERD acts up with our without medicine.
Barb

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1675

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review