Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS contributors?
      #4024 - 03/25/03 06:18 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Heather,

I recall you mentioning in your book First Year that environment can contribute to IBS flare ups. What are some environments you suggest as helpful places to live for someone with IBS? Also, I've noticed there are quite a few teachers on the site (myself included). Can your job contribute to the stress of IBS (I would imagine the answer is yes) and if so, do the teachers on the board find their job to be a possible contributor? Normally, when one think of a high stress job, we think of a business person or a lawyer, etc. Just curious as to other people's opinion and other factors besides diet that can contribute to IBS.

Thanks y'all!!!!!!!!!!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS contributors? new
      #4026 - 03/25/03 06:57 AM
wac

Reged: 03/24/03
Loc: Casselberry, FL

I teach fourth grade and I find the stress of this job to be a big part of my IBS. In what other profession do you actually have to SCHEDULE your bathroom breaks? You certainly can't leave your class alone and it may take time to get someone to cover! Just the anxiety of thinking will I have to go when no one is available is enough stress for me. Not counting the fact that we are performing ALL DAY. We have no down time. Field trips?! You have to be kidding me! On a crowded bus with 30 screaming 4th graders, no bathroom and nowhere to stop!!!!!!!! AAAAAGHHH!

Re: IBS contributors? new
      #4030 - 03/25/03 07:22 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Ruchie & wac - All jobs have stress, but I think the level of stress is the factor. Stress is an everyday thing, but the level of the stress, like wac says when not being able to go to the bathroom any time you need or want to, leans heavily in the stress dept and thinking about it doesn't help matters.

Even for me, (I don't have an "out of the home" job), my stress gets humongous sometimes, especially when having to pay bills from limited funds, or trying to market my husband's invention, etc. Or even just putting up with your husband day after day (he doesn't work full time and he's always wanting me to help him do things when I have a load of office work to do, floral arrangements waiting for me to design, yard work to be done, meal planning to be done, cleaning up the Vomit Queen's (my cat) latest regurg...the list goes on and on and nothing much ever seems to get done.

So, Ruchie, now that you asked...yes, stress plays a major role for all of us in managing our ibs. Don't know if there IS a job that's not stressful and if anybody out there knows of any, PLEASE CLUE US IN!

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 368

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review