All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
One more day to go!!
      #40104 - 01/23/04 12:14 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

It was two weeks ago today that I had my last D-attack. If I can just make it nine more hours, I will have achieved my goal! Lunch was a toasted English muffin with a little cinnamon sugar, no butter. Dinner is going to be a baked potato! I'm determined to get back to six months between attacks instead of six days!!

Bless you all for your support and encouragement. Those of you who are IBS-D, how long do you make it between attacks? (I'm talking about severe D as opposed to bloating and pain or multiple morning poops. For me, I consider anything between 3 poops a day and a poop every three days as normal.)

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: One more day to go!! new
      #40119 - 01/23/04 12:42 PM
CarmenP

Reged: 07/15/03
Loc: Sydney, Australia

Yeah!! We're all counting down with you.

You must feel great. Well done

#40134 - 01/23/04 01:46 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

Way to go! You are doing great, keep it up!

#40137 - 01/23/04 02:05 PM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

I have IBS-D and my last attack was Dec 6th - It had been about 3 weeks before that. I'm getting better and better at avoiding problem foods. I think that's the key. I don't even know if that was really an attack on the 6th because it turned out that I had the flu right afterwards. My attack was in the middle of the night -- and I took my temp in the morning and I had a fever and all that -- so it may have been the flu and not an attack at all.... I don't know... I did have some questionable food that day so....

In any case, I think you're doing great!

#40150 - 01/23/04 03:22 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hooray for you, LauraSue! (Lol, I'm poet and I didn't know it ). Congrats on making it 2 weeks... that's a great accomplishment! The diet is obviously working for you, so now you get to start adding things back in, right? Good luck, I'm sure it will go fine. I'm not D so I can't answer that question, but I just thought I'd join in on offering you congrats!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#40167 - 01/23/04 04:54 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

Congrats!

--------------------
IBS-C

#40170 - 01/23/04 04:58 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hurray! You are inspiring me to keep track of how long it's been for me since my last attack. I have been eating some "cheatin' foods" lately so it hasn't been that long but I have been feeling pretty good when I stick to the IBS diet. Glad you are doing well!

Debby

#40276 - 01/23/04 07:59 PM
jules05

Reged: 11/03/03
Loc: ON, Canada

Congrats on going 2 weeks without an attack! That's about the length in time between my attacks but i can't remember the day of my last one...prolly a couple weeks ago. My problem though, other then eating something i shouldn't have, is if i don't eat every 2 hours...i'm stretching it if i wait 3, then i get D. It's reallllly annoying cause i'm constantly eating. Does anyone else get D from not eating for that short of a time? just wonderin...lol Anyways hope it keeps on goin good!!

#40315 - 01/24/04 02:08 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

That's great you're feeling so good! Congrats!

Last year I had two attacks (I'm D) - once in January, once in September. This is the second time I've admmitted this on the boards, and I'm afraid I'm jinxing myself!

What types of insolubles are you eating? I noticed everything you had today was just soluble. The breaking the cycle (all solubles) is only supposed to be followed for a couple of days. Then, you need to slowly start adding insolubles in. You need to have a nutritious diet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1817 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 667

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review